ALL >> Education >> View Article
Earn A Degree In Theatre Arts And Get Paid To Perform
Total Articles: 30
If you love the stage and screen and have always dreamed of working in the theatre, earning the right degree can help you attain your career goals. Just imagine: with the proper education, you might be able to get a paycheck for doing what you love.
There are many factors to consider if you're thinking about pursuing this type of degree, however, just as with any major life choice. It is important to think about the different jobs you can pursue with a degree in theatre arts, what it takes to earn such a degree and what the job outlook is like for degree holders in this field.
What a Degree in Theatre Arts Can Do For Your Career
There are many different careers for which a theatre arts degree can prepare you, besides the obvious job of actor or actress. There's nothing wrong with pursuing a job as an actor or actress, of course, but it is essential to explore all the different opportunities out there before pursuing one theatre career in particular. Here are all the non-acting jobs that you can pursue with an arts degree:
- Film Director
- Stage Manager
- Motion Picture Photographer
- Theatrical Photographer
- Set Designer
- Dramatic Coach
The Skills of Successful Theatre Arts Students
If you're going to pursue a theatre arts degree, you will need to be prepared to undertake all the different activities that will be expected of you. These activities will require specific skills, such as the following:
- Ability to memorize lines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and remember blocking
- Clear speaking voice
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
Where a Degree in Theatre Arts Can Take You
With a theatre arts degree, you will be poised to audition for acting jobs, but that's just the beginning. You can also pursue a career in education, ranging from high school to colleges and universities. Other jobs are available in movie and television studios, stage companies and theaters. The pay for these careers varies so much that there's no way to give an accurate projection of what you might earn. However, the potential is there to do quite well if you are willing to work hard. Of course, it also helps to be blessed with the talent and luck to gain a competitive edge.
For more details, please visit our website:http://www.collegesanddegrees.org/
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program