ALL >> Education >> View Article
Earn A Degree In Theatre Arts And Get Paid To Perform
Total Articles: 30
If you love the stage and screen and have always dreamed of working in the theatre, earning the right degree can help you attain your career goals. Just imagine: with the proper education, you might be able to get a paycheck for doing what you love.
There are many factors to consider if you're thinking about pursuing this type of degree, however, just as with any major life choice. It is important to think about the different jobs you can pursue with a degree in theatre arts, what it takes to earn such a degree and what the job outlook is like for degree holders in this field.
What a Degree in Theatre Arts Can Do For Your Career
There are many different careers for which a theatre arts degree can prepare you, besides the obvious job of actor or actress. There's nothing wrong with pursuing a job as an actor or actress, of course, but it is essential to explore all the different opportunities out there before pursuing one theatre career in particular. Here are all the non-acting jobs that you can pursue with an arts degree:
- Film Director
- Stage Manager
- Motion Picture Photographer
- Theatrical Photographer
- Set Designer
- Dramatic Coach
The Skills of Successful Theatre Arts Students
If you're going to pursue a theatre arts degree, you will need to be prepared to undertake all the different activities that will be expected of you. These activities will require specific skills, such as the following:
- Ability to memorize lines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and remember blocking
- Clear speaking voice
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
Where a Degree in Theatre Arts Can Take You
With a theatre arts degree, you will be poised to audition for acting jobs, but that's just the beginning. You can also pursue a career in education, ranging from high school to colleges and universities. Other jobs are available in movie and television studios, stage companies and theaters. The pay for these careers varies so much that there's no way to give an accurate projection of what you might earn. However, the potential is there to do quite well if you are willing to work hard. Of course, it also helps to be blessed with the talent and luck to gain a competitive edge.
For more details, please visit our website:http://www.collegesanddegrees.org/
Education Articles1. Preparation For Study Abroad Programs
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
2. Spark And Scala Training In Hyderabad
3. Tips To Finish Ailet In Time
Author: vikas choudhary
4. Why Would You Opt For Diploma Courses After Graduation?
Author: Kunal Iyar
5. Web Development Tutorials For Beginners
Author: • A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Gu
6. How Would You Choose The Best Institute For Executive Mba In India?
Author: Bhargav Himnshu
7. Understand All The Concepts Of Statistical Analysis System
8. Life Is Best In The Engineering Colleges
Author: ponting brown
9. Photography Courses In Delhi
10. Introduction Of Jqueryui
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
11. To Beat A Hacker, You Need To Think Like A Hacker
12. How To Choose A Quality Gmat Prep Course Online?
Author: Dhiraj Goverdhanam
13. Taking Autism Care Services For Autistic Individuals Are Very Important!
Author: The Lizard Centre
14. Online Learning - An Easy Way To Become An Oracle Certified Professional
Author: Atul Kumar
15. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur