ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Reuse Old Carpet
Total Articles: 1
Carpets are an essential home furnishings used for decorative and utilitarian purpose in our home and office. Instead of throwing away old carpeting and rugs, it is great idea to put them to good use. They are many benefits of reusing these old carpets. Here I will introduce you some great ways to take full advantage of these old carpet.
Animal shelters can use donations of washable rugs to provide beds for homeless dogs and cats. They'll provide comfort and warmth, and they're better than old towels and thin blankets. Consider washing and donating your old washable carpets to a local animal shelter. More than likely they'll gladly accept any washable materials you're willing to donate.
A doormat at the entrance is important as it helps people to wipe off dirt and debris, avoiding any spread onto the floors, indoors. For this, take cuttings out of large old rugs, they will perfectly serve as mats in the entryway. If you are among the few who like to rearrange their furniture frequently, floors will be prone to be scratched or even damaged. To protect your floors, cut small pieces of a used rug, into shapes of square or circle and glue each piece to the bottom of the furniture. The thudding of a washing machine or dryer can be quite annoying at times, old rugs can be used to dampen or muffle such noise. Simply place large pieces of rug under each of the four corners of the machine and Voila!
Catch fallen laundry
Make small laundry items like socks and underwear easier to retrieve when they fall behind the washer and dryer by placing a narrow piece of carpet on the floor between the two appliances. The next time something falls, just pull out the strip and the clothing item will come with it.
Use old rugs inside vehicles for floor mats when traveling during weather when it is snowing or raining. Use them for the vehicles seats or floors for transporting animals to and from the veterinarian.
Before dumping your old carpet or rug on the curb, try cleaning it up to see if it can be reused. Even if you don't want it, you'd be surprised how many people would love to purchase your rug. Selling it (at a garage sale, through want ads or Craigslist.org) keeps it out of the dump and puts extra cash in your pocket. Look up the care instructions for your carpet's material and wash it, or even dye it for a fresh, new look.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja