ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips On Extending The Life Of An Ignition Coil
Total Articles: 21
The ignition coil is an important component of a car. It converts power of a few volts from the battery into as much as 25kv which is essential to create a spark to ignite fuel. Optimal functionality of the ignition coil is affected by multiple factors. You can extend the life of the coil up to 80,000 km by following a few tips. Read this article to know more about how you can extend the life of the ignition coil.
Battery should be well charged
Make sure to charge the battery optimally. If it is below optimal level, the workload on the coil is unlikely to create sufficient spark to ignite fuel.
Check for oil leaks
Check if there is any damaged sealant. This condition may lead to the leakage of oil. Often, oil damages the insulation in wires and exposes them. This causes sparks and rules out coil ignition.
Prevent formation of moisture
Look out for any breakages where the ignition coil is located. Make sure you seal such cracks with an adhesive. This prevents moisture from entering into the system.
Avoid engine overheating
In summer, the climate is hot and you may like to sit in your car with the air-conditioner on. Running the air-conditioner puts excess workload on the engine. The engine component gets hotter and hotter. Unless the heat is facilitated to move out from the engine, it might cause excess heat. This heat may reduce the durability of the ignition coil.
Occasionally, you may get a knocking noise that is unusual. Such noise is an indication of damage of the part where it comes from. If the noise becomes frequent, it damages the housing. It might also lead to short-circuit in the coil and ultimately failure.
Maintenance of spark plugs
Over time, spark plugs wear because of workload. Get the spark plugs replaced as recommended by the manufacturer. While replacing spark plugs, see that the cylinder head threads and spark plug threads are free from moisture, dust and debris. Make sure to follow maintenance of the coil as recommended by the manufacturer.
Proper maintenance of engine parts
It is important that you take proper care of the engine parts. For this, you need to use engine oil of the right grade and appropriate fuel. You should also replace air filters, fuel injection pump, spark plugs and use right level of coolant (it should be between 'high' and 'low').
Make sure to replace the belts (in driving the pulleys) in the engine (replace them at 80,000 km), and get the vehicle serviced by expert professionals. Also, for optimal fuel economy, inflate tires to pressure recommended by the manufacturer.
Airtex Products is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps. For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching for a fuel pump, consider Airtex as electric fuel pump from Airtex has exceptional quality that meets or exceeds OE design specifications and ISO standards.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe