ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Things To Know On Hybrid Car Maintenance
Total Articles: 5
Hybrid car engines work on two or more fuel sources. One is combustion based and another one is electric based. The combustion based one might involve gasoline or diesel. However, mostly these vehicles depend on electric power source to get the good mileage with low cost fuel. In case of electric cars, the maintenance is very little.
However, in hybrid cars, the engine is a combination of electric and the regular fuels, so it requires more than what an electric engine does. Here are a few things you need to know on hybrid car maintenance.
Tire inflation and tread maintenance:
Tires are important part of your car and it is easy to maintain them. Regardless of the type of car, the impact of tires will be almost same. The main aspects that are to be taken care of are checking for wear and tread.
Proper maintenance of tires will give more mileage in the hybrid cars than even normal cars. In addition, it will give a good driving feel.
Change the tread when it is below the warning line. Otherwise, the car can skid and it is dangerous to drive in icy, hilly and wet places.
Battery checking and maintenance:
Batteries are very important for hybrid as well as electric cars. Check the batteries at least once a month. Clean if there is any corrosion on terminals. Check and tighten the connections, fill the water in the battery if it is low. Also, check for any damages or cracks on the battery and replace if you find anything.
There is no need of any regular maintenance for suspension. It is one of the common maintenance points for your car. Rarely, the shocks or struts eventually need to be replaced.
Check with your brake apparels every twenty thousand miles. If you feel any change in the condition check with the professional or with your mechanic.
The brushes have to be replaced when your car has covered about eighty thousand miles. Check it when you are about to reach this mileage.
Hybrid vehicles also use radiators. Keep an eye on the coolant levels and refill if needed. The radiator rusts and accumulates debris, which prevents it from performing well. Therefore, it needs to be flushed or cleaned periodically.
Fluids prevent fast wear and tear of the car parts and enable to run smoothly by lubricating them. So check with fluids of your car.
Make sure to check fuel filters regularly. If needed, replace them. Doing so helps prevent blockages to the engine.
Most hybrid car manufacturers provide up to eight years warranty. Therefore, whenever problems occur, they are covered under the warranty. However, proper maintenance will lead to a longer life of your car.
Big-trend.com is a combined blog of nine bloggers focuses on major trends that led to big leaps in various fields including politics, technology, business, science, and health. It also provides tips and updates on major developments currently in society.
Automobiles Articles1. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
2. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
3. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
4. Driving Experience With Rentarace
5. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. How Do You Keep Lamborghini Gallardo Up And Running?
Author: Jason Jones
7. Used Cars Make More Sense For Potential Buyers
Author: Ewan Thorpe
8. Gps Tracking Devices For Your Car
9. Things You Most Likely Didn't Know About hunter Motorcycle For Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Uae International Driving License Is A Must For An Adventurous Motorist
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
11. Importance Of Driving Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
12. Benefits Of New Age Learning Technology – Driving Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
13. Know Why Li-ion Batteries Are Preferred Choice In Case Of Electric Scooters
Author: Manisha Nigam
14. Why You Should Hire An Expert To Fix A Dent In Your Car
Author: Gordon Coubrough
15. Lpg Forklifts For Sale In Andhra Pradesh