ALL >> Computers >> View Article
I-stop Act Requires Electronic Prescribing For Medical Practitioners
Total Articles: 2
Recently, the State of New York passed the I-STOP Act. This is the first statewide legislation passed to help combat the rising rates of prescription drug abuse and deaths. The I-STOP Act mandates e-prescribing for all New York State prescriptions, including controlled substances, starting March 27, 2015. As a medical practitioner, here’s what you need to know about the new I-STOP Act as it applies to your practice.
· All medical practitioners will be required to consult a patient’s medical history before prescribing controlled substances. Doctors will need an electronic medical records software solution like QuicDoc® to help manage all patient records, session history, diagnoses, authorizations and more.
· All prescriptions for legend drugs and Schedule II, III, IV and IV controlled substances must be sent electronically beginning March 27, 2015 for greater security measures against potential tampering or fraudulent activity on medications. This means all medical practitioners will need easy-to-implement, easy-to-use and easy-to-afford software for e-prescribing.Medical records software companies, like DocuTrac, offer e-prescribing software that help simplify workflow, improve efficiency, enable offices to meet these new regulatory requirements, and frees more time for medical practitioners to spend with their clients instead of filing paperwork.
· DocuTrac has partnered with DrFirst tooffer EPCS Gold 2.0, which allows practitioners to safely prescribe legend and schedule II-V drugs electronically through the same workflow, further streamlining the e-prescribing writing process. EPCS Gold 2.0 allows practitioners to eliminate manual signing, calling or faxing controlled drug prescriptions, apply interaction checks to reduce potential adverse drug events, and control potential tampering, fraud or illegal trafficking of controlled substances.
About The Author:
This article was written by Jim Miller, director of quality assurance and compliance at DocuTrac, Inc. The medical records software company was founded in 1993 to deliver easy-to-use mental health documentation solutions through expertly designed, customizable, affordable and easy-to-use software. DocuTrac’s mission is to reduce the amount of time spent on paperwork that practitioners are required to submit so they can spend more time with their patients. Learn more about DocuTrac at www.docutracinc.com.
Computers Articles1. Mcafee Activate
Author: alex jhones
2. Why Moving Software Had Been So Popular Till Now?
Author: sawati rawat
3. Make Complex Information Eye-catching With Infographic Designer
4. How To View Yahoo Messenger Conversation History
Author: Yahoo Support Number
5. How To Configure Yahoo Mail In Outlook?
Author: Yahoo Support Phone Number
6. How To Troubleshoot Printer Problems
Author: Hp Printer Support, Hp Printer Technical Support,
7. How Does Co2 Laser For Acrylic Work In Engraving Beautiful Designs
Author: Rob Hibbs
8. Scada System For Pc Touch Screen – Can Be The Most Productive Combination!
Author: Archer Finch
9. Free Scada – Scada Software That Connect With More Devices!
Author: Archer Finch
10. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
11. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
12. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
13. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
14. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
15. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address