ALL >> Computers >> View Article
I-stop Act Requires Electronic Prescribing For Medical Practitioners
Total Articles: 2
Recently, the State of New York passed the I-STOP Act. This is the first statewide legislation passed to help combat the rising rates of prescription drug abuse and deaths. The I-STOP Act mandates e-prescribing for all New York State prescriptions, including controlled substances, starting March 27, 2015. As a medical practitioner, here’s what you need to know about the new I-STOP Act as it applies to your practice.
· All medical practitioners will be required to consult a patient’s medical history before prescribing controlled substances. Doctors will need an electronic medical records software solution like QuicDoc® to help manage all patient records, session history, diagnoses, authorizations and more.
· All prescriptions for legend drugs and Schedule II, III, IV and IV controlled substances must be sent electronically beginning March 27, 2015 for greater security measures against potential tampering or fraudulent activity on medications. This means all medical practitioners will need easy-to-implement, easy-to-use and easy-to-afford software for e-prescribing.Medical records software companies, like DocuTrac, offer e-prescribing software that help simplify workflow, improve efficiency, enable offices to meet these new regulatory requirements, and frees more time for medical practitioners to spend with their clients instead of filing paperwork.
· DocuTrac has partnered with DrFirst tooffer EPCS Gold 2.0, which allows practitioners to safely prescribe legend and schedule II-V drugs electronically through the same workflow, further streamlining the e-prescribing writing process. EPCS Gold 2.0 allows practitioners to eliminate manual signing, calling or faxing controlled drug prescriptions, apply interaction checks to reduce potential adverse drug events, and control potential tampering, fraud or illegal trafficking of controlled substances.
About The Author:
This article was written by Jim Miller, director of quality assurance and compliance at DocuTrac, Inc. The medical records software company was founded in 1993 to deliver easy-to-use mental health documentation solutions through expertly designed, customizable, affordable and easy-to-use software. DocuTrac’s mission is to reduce the amount of time spent on paperwork that practitioners are required to submit so they can spend more time with their patients. Learn more about DocuTrac at www.docutracinc.com.
Computers Articles1. Android Tablets: What Are The Benefits Of Android Os?
Author: Armando Fortner
2. It Is Not Easy To Choose The Top Free Android Applications.
Author: Madge Cornell
3. New Android Tablets - Loaded With Several Features
Author: Kathie Anton
4. Make Your Tablet Ideal With Tablet Talk
Author: Thurman Yagan
5. Avoid “cheapo” Website Developers!
6. Autocad Training Institute In Mumbai – Nettech India
Author: Nettech india
7. The Abcs Of Kubernetes Revealed
Author: Bradley Williams
8. But What If I Told You, Choosing Cheaper Website Developers Actually Increases Your Chances Of Losin
9. Best Android Wear Watch Faces Apps For The First Half Of January 2017
Author: Tristan Smithson
10. Samsung Repair Centre Sheffield | Samsung Repairer
Author: samsung repairer
11. Best Php Framework Used In 2017
Author: Hire Mobile Developer
12. Laptop Screen Repair Nottingham – Lenovo Repairer
13. Online Software Testing Course
Author: Mind Q Online
14. Why Small And Medium Businesses Need It Consultants
15. 6 Ios Apps Social Media Online Marketers Will Like
Author: Vicky Manzi