ALL >> Computers >> View Article
I-stop Act Requires Electronic Prescribing For Medical Practitioners
Total Articles: 2
Recently, the State of New York passed the I-STOP Act. This is the first statewide legislation passed to help combat the rising rates of prescription drug abuse and deaths. The I-STOP Act mandates e-prescribing for all New York State prescriptions, including controlled substances, starting March 27, 2015. As a medical practitioner, here’s what you need to know about the new I-STOP Act as it applies to your practice.
· All medical practitioners will be required to consult a patient’s medical history before prescribing controlled substances. Doctors will need an electronic medical records software solution like QuicDoc® to help manage all patient records, session history, diagnoses, authorizations and more.
· All prescriptions for legend drugs and Schedule II, III, IV and IV controlled substances must be sent electronically beginning March 27, 2015 for greater security measures against potential tampering or fraudulent activity on medications. This means all medical practitioners will need easy-to-implement, easy-to-use and easy-to-afford software for e-prescribing.Medical records software companies, like DocuTrac, offer e-prescribing software that help simplify workflow, improve efficiency, enable offices to meet these new regulatory requirements, and frees more time for medical practitioners to spend with their clients instead of filing paperwork.
· DocuTrac has partnered with DrFirst tooffer EPCS Gold 2.0, which allows practitioners to safely prescribe legend and schedule II-V drugs electronically through the same workflow, further streamlining the e-prescribing writing process. EPCS Gold 2.0 allows practitioners to eliminate manual signing, calling or faxing controlled drug prescriptions, apply interaction checks to reduce potential adverse drug events, and control potential tampering, fraud or illegal trafficking of controlled substances.
About The Author:
This article was written by Jim Miller, director of quality assurance and compliance at DocuTrac, Inc. The medical records software company was founded in 1993 to deliver easy-to-use mental health documentation solutions through expertly designed, customizable, affordable and easy-to-use software. DocuTrac’s mission is to reduce the amount of time spent on paperwork that practitioners are required to submit so they can spend more time with their patients. Learn more about DocuTrac at www.docutracinc.com.
Computers Articles1. Innovative Approaches To Improve Your Iphone Screen Replacement
Author: Zane Shoebridge
2. The Most Usable And Advisable Courier Tracking Software Version 6.0
Author: sawati rawat
3. Locking Services Would Be Fruitful If You Forget To Lock The Doors Frequently
Author: Tyler Bond
4. Solutions Erp Based Software Can Offer
Author: Robert Miller
5. Get The Unlimited Benefits Of Our Church Giving Mobile Application
Author: Michael Brody
6. Cyber Security Measures Can Prove Beneficial For Your Business
Author: Megan Darcy
7. Matrimonial Script In Php - Bharat Matrimony Clone, Readymade Matrimonial Script
Author: riddhi patel
8. How To Recover Accidentally Deleted Data From The Computer In No Time?
Author: shashikant shukla
9. Sitecore Development In Uk – Cms, Software, Mobile Application, Seo
Author: Sher Singh
10. Laptop Repair Centre In Bristol With 12 Months Warranty
Author: Laptop Repairs
11. The Secret Behind Your Online Shopping Is Disclosed
Author: Saarah Williams
12. Avoid Spams With Recaptcha Module
Author: Saarah Williams
13. Iphone 8
Author: toy green
14. How The C_hanaimp_12 Exam Makes You A Better Professional
Author: Michael Jordan
15. 5 Aspects Of Performance Testing Services In E-commerce Industry.