ALL >> Computers >> View Article
I-stop Act Requires Electronic Prescribing For Medical Practitioners
Total Articles: 2
Recently, the State of New York passed the I-STOP Act. This is the first statewide legislation passed to help combat the rising rates of prescription drug abuse and deaths. The I-STOP Act mandates e-prescribing for all New York State prescriptions, including controlled substances, starting March 27, 2015. As a medical practitioner, here’s what you need to know about the new I-STOP Act as it applies to your practice.
· All medical practitioners will be required to consult a patient’s medical history before prescribing controlled substances. Doctors will need an electronic medical records software solution like QuicDoc® to help manage all patient records, session history, diagnoses, authorizations and more.
· All prescriptions for legend drugs and Schedule II, III, IV and IV controlled substances must be sent electronically beginning March 27, 2015 for greater security measures against potential tampering or fraudulent activity on medications. This means all medical practitioners will need easy-to-implement, easy-to-use and easy-to-afford software for e-prescribing.Medical records software companies, like DocuTrac, offer e-prescribing software that help simplify workflow, improve efficiency, enable offices to meet these new regulatory requirements, and frees more time for medical practitioners to spend with their clients instead of filing paperwork.
· DocuTrac has partnered with DrFirst tooffer EPCS Gold 2.0, which allows practitioners to safely prescribe legend and schedule II-V drugs electronically through the same workflow, further streamlining the e-prescribing writing process. EPCS Gold 2.0 allows practitioners to eliminate manual signing, calling or faxing controlled drug prescriptions, apply interaction checks to reduce potential adverse drug events, and control potential tampering, fraud or illegal trafficking of controlled substances.
About The Author:
This article was written by Jim Miller, director of quality assurance and compliance at DocuTrac, Inc. The medical records software company was founded in 1993 to deliver easy-to-use mental health documentation solutions through expertly designed, customizable, affordable and easy-to-use software. DocuTrac’s mission is to reduce the amount of time spent on paperwork that practitioners are required to submit so they can spend more time with their patients. Learn more about DocuTrac at www.docutracinc.com.
Computers Articles1. Laptops On Hire In Hyderabad And Chennai
2. How To Enable Or Disable Pop Up Blocker In Mozilla Firefox?
Author: Browser Support Team
3. Why To Go With Contract Management Software?
Author: James Blake
4. Die Nordvpn Erfahrung
Author: Die NordVPN Erfahrung
5. Few Suggestions To Choose The Best Data Recovery Software Vendor
Author: Sandra White
6. The Role Of Users In Media And Publishing Industry
7. Why Outsourcing Digital Marketing Is Wise?
Author: Anup Prasad
8. Boise Seo Company
Author: SEO Services Companies
9. Aol Customer Support Number 1-877-848-3933
Author: AOL Support
10. Breakfast Restaurants
Author: breakfast restaurants
11. Node Africa – Ontap Select Event Recap
Author: Daniel Gachara
12. How To Turn Off Junk E-mail Filtering
Author: Gaurav Singh
13. How To Change The Password In Yahoo Mail ?
Author: ravi lodhi
14. Hp Printer Wps Pin Problems And How To Hp Printer Different From Other Printers
Author: Rahul Singh
15. World Biggest Technical Service Provider Hp Tech Support In 2017
Author: Rahul Singh