ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Difference Between Public Law & Private Law
Total Articles: 233
The easiest way to tell the difference between a public law and private is that all public law has to conform to the Constitution, while private law relies on contract or agreement in order to be enforceable. It is against public law to arbitrarily regulate and penalize certain speeds in traffic or the fact that one didn't stop at a stop sign because there were no other cars on the road and it was safe to proceed.
This is because people have an inherent right to travel, by whatever means they are using, in order to get from one place to another. And that right cannot be arbitrarily cancelled or revoked or made into a crime. The Constitution won't allow this!
However, private law in this regard is a different ball of wax altogether, and operates outside constitutional boundaries. If you are a public officer then you are bound by your contract of employment to obey whatever laws there are that regulate your activity. And the traffic codes fall under this category of law. If you're not a public officer, then you cannot be held under obligation to obey the code and to subject yourself to penalty should you sustain a violation.
Public law governs the individual, citizen or corporation, and the state, while private law applies to individuals. Public law deals with a greater scope, while private law deals with a more specific scope. Public law deals more with issues that affect the general public or the state itself, whereas, private law focuses more on issues affecting private individuals, or corporations.
Legal Articles1. Why And How To Choose A Criminal Lawyer In Hawaii For An Appeal?
Author: Steve Cedillos
2. Dallas Accidents Cases Need Not To Be Avoided! Let The Wrong One Suffer
Author: Ted B Lyon
3. Why Radvision World Is The Best Option For Immigration Services?
Author: Radvision World
4. Everything About Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Author: Ladas Law
5. The Significant Role Of Immigration Law Firms In London.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
7. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
8. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
9. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
10. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
11. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
12. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
13. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
14. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
15. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours