ALL >> Health >> View Article
Know How Dental Health Can Affect Women’s Pregnancy
Total Articles: 10
Motherliness – an incredible phenomenon for any woman, who is pregnant and expecting a new existence past her body; seemingly, it comes with many more pleasant experiences and helps your life-long happy memories to preserve. Everything completes on time with what we expect, and at end, what we hope is that a mother and baby remains in full recovery with complete wellbeing.
During pregnancy, taking a great care of herself and her baby is inevitable for mother. Direct pregnancy care for most-happening issues (that seem to have been taken care regularly) is easy to achieve; but many more other physical problems are also obvious and they, though seem smaller or less important, can go at their aggravated states too.
Dental Problems during Pregnancy
With a pregnant woman ever developing her hormonal changes (increased estrogen and progesterone levels), it is more likely that she develops some dental problems that in one or another way can also be the reason for bad health of her baby too.
• Gum Disease (Pregnancy Gingivitis): During hormonal variation, if the plaque (formed on the teeth area) is not treated on time, the gum tissues may respond to it even more, leading to gum inflammation & infection (gingivitis) and, at worst, the more serious gum diseases (periodontitis). The teeth bleed, become swollen, red and much painful. This problem may more possibly get evident during the second month of pregnancy. Unfortunately, these gum problems may cause premature birth and underweight baby growth.
• Tooth Decay/Dental Cavity: During pregnancy, a woman has more chances to have boosted amounts of acid in mouth. Pregnant woman with more nausea/vomiting sensations is susceptible to increase the acidity levels more than other women are and is therefore more likely to have dental decays comparatively.
• Pregnancy Tumor: An overgrowth of tissue over gum areas; inflammatory and irritating oral problem occurs during the first trimester and can last up until seventh month probably. It causes difficulty in eating, speaking and is very tender. Dentist can help in eliminating it with help of the dental cleaning, excision with minor surgery.
• Teeth Loss: Due to advanced amounts of estrogen and progesterone, the ligaments and jawbones that support the teeth become weakened and are therefore more probable to lose the tooth grip even if there are no more serious gum diseases.
Dental Care during Pregnancy
Other than your regular physical check-up, dental check-ups just right before, during (trimester wise) and after pregnancy are advisable too. During pregnancy, dentist consultation can help you to rule out your dental problems and maintain your oral health.
• Oral hygiene with proper tooth brushing technique (with soft toothbrush bristles & toothpaste) is must.
• During pregnancy, regular dental diagnoses (on proper time, taking care of baby’s growth) should be practiced to avoid any unexpected tooth problems (before they actually happen).
• Certain medications that affect your child’s teeth development can therefore be recognized and then be altered by your dentist.
• Be attentive to any changes occurring in your mouth (to teeth); get them immediately screened through your dental doctor and avoid dental casualty.
• Follow proper eating habits; avoid eating sweet, sour food items. During pregnancy, developed bacteria on teeth can cause tooth decay (damaging gum, jawbone) and are therefore affect the health of both mother and bay a lot.
Health Articles1. Does It Help To Outsource Provider Credentialing Services?
2. Quickest Air Ambulance Service In Dibrugarh With Advanced Medical Equipments
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
3. Male Organ Function Tips For Weekend Sensual Warriors
Author: John Dugan
4. आयुर्वेद के माध्यम से पीठ दर्द और उनके घरेलू उपचार
Author: Dr Nitesh Khonde
5. Men Too Suffer From Hair Problems And This Is How To Solve Them
Author: Kabea Global
6. Global Surgical Equipment Market Trend
7. The Emergency Dental Care - Know When It's Urgent
Author: Raphael Leo
8. Appropriate Supplement For The Progression On Eye Disease
Author: Blake Andrus
9. Benefits Of Orthodontics In Phoenix
Author: John Marker
10. Impact Of Air Conditioners On Health
Author: Thomas Martinez
11. Herbal Pain Relief Gel Is The Best Solution For Your Sore Body
Author: Shashikant Shukla
12. Natural And Necessary Food For Heart Health
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
13. Benefits Of Pediatric Dentistry In Golden Valley
Author: Richard Brown
14. Top Dentistry Conferences | Emedevents
15. Upcoming Conferences For Cardiology In 2018