ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Steps To Change Flat Tire Of Car
Total Articles: 312
Driving car is obviously an easy job, but to drive a car one necessarily does not need a license. You have to be efficient enough to spot a problem, point it out and solve. One problem is changing a flat tire. While driving a car, one always has to keep a check on the tires. If you own a car that has an alert, then luck is on your side. However, changing tire is certainly not thrilling.
How to get to know about low air pressure?
So it is time you must know. Suppose that the front left tire has low pressure. If you are an experienced driver, then steering the car towards left, you will find it difficult and a bit firm. In rare cases, tires do burst and create loud noises. In this situation, you should simply take your car towards left and park it on a level ground. After parking, exit your car and inspect the tire. Moreover, don’t panic too much when you see a flat tire as it is quite easy to change one. The first step is to find a spare tire, jack and tire iron. Often these things could be found underneath the carpet in your car’s trunk. Once you find these accessories, check the air pressure of your spare tire.
Assuming it to be perfect, move on with the jack and tire iron. Now you have to remove the flat tire. Before this, make sure your car is in gear or “parking” mode. Also, it must be on a flat pavement and not on a slope or even in a dirty area. It would be great if the opposite tired is blocked by a brick or something so that the car does not move. Now use the L-shaped iron that fixes over wheel nut to loosen each wheel nut. You don’t need to open, but loosen. Once you are done with it, move the jack under the car. There are jack points underneath the car. Simply move the jack and rotate the knob while the jack expands upwards and the car starts to go upwards. After jack expansion is complete and the car is completely raised, remove the lugs that you already loosened. Keep them in a secure area.
Now take out the flat tire and keep it aside. After that, place the spare tire exactly in a position that it comes over the wheel studs. Now simply place the lugs from where you took them off and tighten them by the iron. Now that the spare tire is on perfectly, start to contract the jack that you placed under the car. Moreover, make sure that you tightened the nuts very perfectly. Pull the jack away and check the lugs again.
That is it. You have changed the tire; now put the flat tire in place of spare tire. Also, keep the jack and tire iron where they were kept.
Don’t even think of depending on the spare tire completely and get a new tire as soon as possible.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai