ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Steps To Change Flat Tire Of Car
Total Articles: 312
Driving car is obviously an easy job, but to drive a car one necessarily does not need a license. You have to be efficient enough to spot a problem, point it out and solve. One problem is changing a flat tire. While driving a car, one always has to keep a check on the tires. If you own a car that has an alert, then luck is on your side. However, changing tire is certainly not thrilling.
How to get to know about low air pressure?
So it is time you must know. Suppose that the front left tire has low pressure. If you are an experienced driver, then steering the car towards left, you will find it difficult and a bit firm. In rare cases, tires do burst and create loud noises. In this situation, you should simply take your car towards left and park it on a level ground. After parking, exit your car and inspect the tire. Moreover, don’t panic too much when you see a flat tire as it is quite easy to change one. The first step is to find a spare tire, jack and tire iron. Often these things could be found underneath the carpet in your car’s trunk. Once you find these accessories, check the air pressure of your spare tire.
Assuming it to be perfect, move on with the jack and tire iron. Now you have to remove the flat tire. Before this, make sure your car is in gear or “parking” mode. Also, it must be on a flat pavement and not on a slope or even in a dirty area. It would be great if the opposite tired is blocked by a brick or something so that the car does not move. Now use the L-shaped iron that fixes over wheel nut to loosen each wheel nut. You don’t need to open, but loosen. Once you are done with it, move the jack under the car. There are jack points underneath the car. Simply move the jack and rotate the knob while the jack expands upwards and the car starts to go upwards. After jack expansion is complete and the car is completely raised, remove the lugs that you already loosened. Keep them in a secure area.
Now take out the flat tire and keep it aside. After that, place the spare tire exactly in a position that it comes over the wheel studs. Now simply place the lugs from where you took them off and tighten them by the iron. Now that the spare tire is on perfectly, start to contract the jack that you placed under the car. Moreover, make sure that you tightened the nuts very perfectly. Pull the jack away and check the lugs again.
That is it. You have changed the tire; now put the flat tire in place of spare tire. Also, keep the jack and tire iron where they were kept.
Don’t even think of depending on the spare tire completely and get a new tire as soon as possible.
Automobiles Articles1. Timing Belt
Author: David J Warner
2. An Overview On ‘how To Sell My Scooter Online’
3. Save Money On Fuel With Electric Motorbikes In The Uk
Author: Amit Parmar
4. Choosing The Right Auto Garage Management Software For Your Business
Author: Jim Carrey is the author of this article
5. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
6. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
7. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
8. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
9. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
10. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
11. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
12. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
13. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
14. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
15. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat