ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Need A Ride Or Airport Transfer From The Montego Bay Airport? Here Are 4 Options
Total Articles: 1
You already booked your airline reservations, your hotel reservations, but now you need to figure out how to get from the airport to the hoteldoes this sound like you?
Well, there are 4 main options to get from the Montego Bay Airport to your resort on the island
1. Hotel shuttles - The first option you should explore is to find out if your resort has an airport shuttle. Some of the hotels that are close in the Montego Bay area have airport shuttles, but unfortunately most of they don't. You should verify with your hotel first, do not assume they have a shuttle service.
2. Group airport shuttle - These are large tour buses that are full of tourists. This is usually a very economical way to travel. One thing to remember is that the group of tourists are all staying at various hotels, so there will be several stops along the way to your hotel. This type of transportation is a good way to see the various hotels and it is a low cost option. On the other hand, it makes several stops which makes the trip much longer, and you have to share the bus with a bunch of strangers.
Keep in mind, many times when you book your travel on some of the various travel sites, sometimes they have the option to pre-purchase transportation to your hotel, this transportation is normally the group airport shuttle.
3. Taxis - When you arrive at the Montego Bay Airport, and you walk out of the airport doors you will be approached by several different taxi services asking you if you need a taxi. This option is more common with locals that are flying back in, but sometimes used by tourists as well. In regards to cost, it is more expensive than the shuttle, but cheaper than the private driver.
You should find out ahead of time the cost of the taxi (you can ask your hotel what to expect for a taxi ride), because they have a tendency to raise the price based on if you are a tourist and if you look like you have a lot of money, but if you already know the price, you won't have to worry about that. Also, many times the taxis are not in good condition and may not have the high level of service that you would expect.
4. Private driver - With a private driver, you have a personal, customized ride from the airport to your hotel. There are many benefits to a private driver; first you can have your driver take you anywhere you may want to go. For example if you need to stop at the supermarket before you arrive, or want to stop for drinks or food, you can do that. Another benefit is that you don't have to stop at several other hotels to get to yours.
Also, when your driver picks you up, many times they suggest to you other activities or excursions that you may be interested in, and he will more than likely have the ability to take you to these trips in his private car. Keep in mind with a private driver, the price will be more than the group shuttle due to the private service.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure