ALL >> General >> View Article
Is Granite A Material That Can Be Used In Showers
Total Articles: 16
Granite can certainly make a home look luxurious and classy when ever used in the correct place and in the right way. It's durable and extremely strong over time, despite heavy duty usage. A lot of people can readily envision granite being used in the kitchen space as counters but aren't sure if it can be used in the bathroom area. If you are considering remodeling your bath room you should look into granite as an option in the form of tile and countertop areas. Let's review the options for granite installation in bathrooms and what looks good and what works the best.
Granite Use In Showers
The shower area is one of the most important areas in the bathroom. Nearly all bathrooms have them, even when there is no tub. A granite shower is one of the finest options you can pick when redoing your bathroom or even putting one in for the first time. The reason why granite is best is that is has a nice solid surface that's elegant to look at and very easy to maintain. The variety that's available is quite amazing too. You can buy granite that is scratch resistant and stones that are slip resistant. The slip resistant stones are best for shower floors and are very easy to clean. http://www.sheknows.com/home-and-gardening/articles/831427/top-4-tips-when-buying-granite-counter-tops
Granite for the Shower Floor
Should you decide to go with a granite shower floor you need to choose one that has either a matte or honed finish on it. If you would like one that's easy to maintain honed granite stones are the perfect variety. Polished stones take way more work and they are often very slippery. Matte granite, or stones that are unpolished, are good because they do not show soap stains or watermarks. Again, being easy to maintain is a advantage of these types of stones.
Granite surfaces for the Shower Wall
When considering the shower walls you should go the opposite direction. Polished granite tiles are a great option for walls. Moisture deposits will develop on shower walls and polished granite allows you to avoid this. A water resistance membrane may be used to help protect the walls combined with a hardy board or a cement backer. After the granite tiles are set up you can seal polished tile which will furthermore prevent water absorption and mildew build up. Polished granite tiles are also the most suitable choice for shower. You can also utilize a sealant and a water resistance membrane for added protection on the countertops as well.
General Articles1. Bijoux Réplique Love Cartier 1: 1 Où La Coutume
2. Réplique Bracelet Amour Quel Matériel
3. Série Cartier Juste Un Clou Est Un Favori De Beaucoup Star Chinoise
4. Comment Identifier Réplique Bracelet Love Cartier
5. Bracelet Love Cartier Personnalisé Privé Marque De Bijoux
6. Can A Leadership Seminar Really Help?
Author: Ross Barkely
7. The Best Real Christmas Trees And Where To Find Them
8. Why Should You Choose Internet Marketing Seo Services Over Other Marketing Solutions?
Author: Thomas Decker
9. Interiors: Professional . Medical . Hospitality . Industrial
Author: Whether you are remodeling or renovating your off
10. How To Use 1password For 2-step Authentication Codes?
Author: James Watson
11. Everything You Need To Know About Online Shopping
Author: ealpha shopping
12. Engage Yourself With These Four Practices To Avail Benefits Of Cloud Accounting!
Author: Janet Waston
13. Kerala Style Interior Decorators In Coimbatore
Author: Monnaie A
14. "more Than Just Web Designing, It’s A Door To New Opportunities"
Author: proud shala
15. Thesis Proposal
Author: nancy brown