ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Cork Tile: An Environment-friendly Flooring Option
Total Articles: 126
Cork flooring is in vogue in the contemporary times. Many homeowners looking for eco-friendly flooring option for their new home are opting for cork floors. Cork underlayment made using cork tile looks excellent and it is considered to be a green substitute of traditional flooring. From the aesthetic point of view, cork tiles improve the look and feel of the homes in which they are installed.
Why cork flooring is considered to be environment-friendly? These floors are manufactured using the bark of the cork oak tress harvested in the Mediterranean regions, specifically in Spain and Portugal. Unless the cork tree is 25 to 30 years old, the first cork bark is not harvested. Moreover, the harvesting is manually done to make sure that no harm is caused to the trees. After the harvesting is done, the bark grows again in the next 9 years. The aforementioned harvesting procedure is strictly maintained and it turns each cork tree a renewable source of cork tile used for cork underlayment.
Added to this, cork is both biodegradable and recyclable. It is manufactured using a procedure is which no cork is cast aside. As far as aesthetics is concerned, n synthetic flooring material can match the cork. The harvesting procedure is what turns the cork eco-friendly. Cork is not only fire-resistant but at the same time moisture resistant. It does not give out toxic gases when combusted.
According to the suppliers of cork tile, the homeowners choose cork underlayment not only because it is durable but also because it is attractive enhancing the look and feel of the home in which they are laid.
From the health point of view, cork underlayment is ideal. Cork tiles do not allow molds, micro-organisms and insects to expand their kingdom. Besides creating a hygienic and healthy ambiance, cork floors are hypoallergenic. They are sound proof as well.
Cork tiles are available in wide varieties and colors. You can purchase them in the form of planks or vinyl or linoleum flooring. They come either in the form of natural topcoat or vinyl topcoat. The vinyl topcoat is easier to clean and maintain and thus, most of the homeowners choose it for their home. However, it is pricier than the unfinished natural cork.
Compared to the other forms of flooring, for example, hardwood or ceramic flooring, cork flooring is an inexpensive option.
Before buying cork tiles, you should do in-depth research in the internet to come across a reliable factory-direct distributor. You should visit the official website of the chosen distributor to have a glance of the various cork tiles featured in its online gallery. From among the featured products, you should choose a variety that should suit the interior décor of your home. The prime benefit of approaching a factory-direct distributor is that you get the products at the most competitive rates. You should try to find out if the chosen distributor is offering any special deal. If you can grab the deal, you will be able to save more money.
Home Based Business Articles1. Water Filters Are The Best Way To Harness The Water Spice Of Life
Author: Alan Scott
2. Accommodation In Cape Town Allows Travelers To Take Charm Of Stunning Outside Views!
Author: John Gomez
3. An Essential Tips For Restoring Your Terrazzo Floors
4. Choose Uniquely Yours Shed Awnings And Canopy Manufacturer In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
5. Find Your Holiday Accommodation Cape Town At The Most Exclusive Place!
Author: John Gomez
6. Super Quality Shed Awnings And Canopy Manufacturer In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
7. Sixexpensive Things That Could Be Wrong With Your New Home
8. Videocon Wallcam Unveils Mobile Vehicle Surveillance Solution
Author: Videocon WallCam
9. A Brief Note On The Best Way To Make Insect Screens
Author: Jaxon Berry
11. Tips For Hiring The Right Floor Screeding Contractor
Author: Mark Seekings
12. Reasons To Choose Glass Kitchen Splashbacks
Author: Alex Jack
13. Master Bathroom Reworking Choices
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
14. Avail Commercial Inspection Service To Determine The Condition Of A Property For Your Investment
15. Leading Paint Suppliers Offer The Best And Environmental Friendly Wall Coatings South Africa!
Author: Matthew Johnson