ALL >> Health >> View Article
A Review On Rhinoplasty
Total Articles: 6
Your face reflects your overall personality. With a number of treatments emerging in facial corrections rhinoplasty is the surgery used in reconstruction of nose. Rhinoplasty can be helpful in aesthetic enhancement as well as for medical reasons. The surgery can modify bone, cartilage and skin in the nose.
Rhinoplasty - Basics
Also referred to as “Nose Shaping,” the surgery can be done only on a fully developed nose. Females-- 15 to 16 years old and males with 17 to 18 years of age are fit to undergo rhinoplasty.
Nose Shaping can be performed to make the following modifications
- Altering the size of the nose
- Narrowing the span of the nostrils
- Shape modification
- Altering the angle between nose and upper lip
- Reshaping nose tip or bridge
Rhinoplasty in Manhattan takes up to 90 minutes for the operation and is performed under general anesthesia. After the surgery a nasal splint will be placed on the nose and can be possibly removed in few days.
Rhinoplasty surgery can be performed using two methods namely
- Open Rhinoplasty
- Closed Rhinoplasty
Open Rhinoplasty requires a small bridging incision. The nasal skin can be folded upward. As a result the surgeon gets a direct visibility to the entire nasal framework. A scar will appear as a result of incision during the surgery which is considered a drawback. Apart from this, rhinoplasty is safe and effective with minimal risk. Open rhinoplasty has almost no chances of failure.
This approach is also known as endo-nasal rhinoplasty. In this surgery all the surgical incisions are positioned inside of the nostrils. This method can be used to avoid a visible scar. The limitation of this method is that the surgery requires rigorous stretching of the nasal skin and distortion of nasal cartilage. The operation is conducted through a narrow surgical opening with limited visibility.
After the surgery:
Recovery after Rhinoplasty varies from person to person. There will not be much pain after the operation but the patient might have nausea problems, bleeding and swelling. The doctor will prescribe medicines to overcome these troubles. After seven days the splint can be removed. Patients can return to their regular activities after 10 days. An overall healing and full results of rhinoplasty is achieved within 12 months.
Before performing rhinoplasty, it is important to consult the surgeon and have a deep discussion to find out whether rhinoplasty is appropriate and beneficial enough to reach your expectations.
The author has an immense knowledge on Rhinoplasty in Manhattan. Know more about plastic surgeon in Manhattan related info in his website.
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility