ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
Hyundai’s Hydrogen Fuel Cell Could Be A Game ChangerBy Expert Author: Rebecca Wilson
If you're already a fan of Hyundai, which is a relative newcomer to the American market, you will be interested to know that the company is now planning to enter the electric vehicle market. The Korean automaker's cars and SUV's not only already provide a high level of content for an affordable price, but are also currently backed by one of the industry's longest warranties.
Having been long reluctant to enter the battery EV world, Hyundai in Korea is already selling a compact battery electric vehicle, or BEV, called the BlueOn.
There's a growing market for battery based vehicles ranging from hybrids, to plug-ins, to full battery-electric vehicles. Hyundai already offers gas-electric options in the U.S. with its midsize Sonata and compact Elantra models, and is now facing increased pressure to go further.
In the U.S., California will mandate that all major manufacturers include some sort of Zero-Emissions Vehicle, or ZEV, in their line-up. In fact, the majority of Hyundai's electric vehicles will likely be sold in California. Until now, Hyundai has attempted to meet this mandate with their fuel-cell vehicle, which combines hydrogen and oxygen to create current which is able to power electric motors. Hyundai Motor America has no choice to enter the electric vehicle market now, if it's to stay within California's regulations. "Our primary zero-emission vehicle focus is fuel cell right now," tweeted HMA Chief Executive John Krafcik, "but we will certainly field a BEV at some point."
The Hyundai Battery EV is expected to go 90 miles on a single charge, powered by a 16.4-kilowatt hour lithium polymer battery. For decades, Hyundai has offered the best in power, fuel-efficiency, higher-end materials, affordability, as well as reliability.
Battery-powered EV's typically appeal to consumers with short commutes who find it convenient to charge at home. With Hyundai's history of creating vehicles that meet the demands and standards of the marketplace, their electric vehicles will likely rank among the best in terms of long-distance travel.
Hyundai's Tucson Fuel Cell electric vehicles offer:
Estimated driving range up to 300 miles
Capable of full refueling in under 10 minutes, similar to gasoline
Minimal reduction in daily utility compared with gasoline
Instantaneous electric motor torque (221 lb.-ft.)
Minimal cold-weather effects compared with battery electric vehicles
Superb daily reliability and long-term durability
Extensive crash, fire, and leak testing successfully completed
Quieter EV operation
Zero greenhouse-gas emissions, emits only water vapor
Hyundai has headquarters at Costa Mesa, California and its vehicles are made available across the United States by more than 820 dealerships. Hyundai Assurance covers all Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S.
Hyundai San Francisco in San Francisco is your full-service Hyundai dealership, providing new and preowned Hyundai cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. If you are searching for Hyundai dealers using the keywords Hyundai dealers in San Francisco or South San Francisco Hyundai, visit our dealership today.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard