ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Hyundai’s Hydrogen Fuel Cell Could Be A Game Changer
Total Articles: 2
If you're already a fan of Hyundai, which is a relative newcomer to the American market, you will be interested to know that the company is now planning to enter the electric vehicle market. The Korean automaker's cars and SUV's not only already provide a high level of content for an affordable price, but are also currently backed by one of the industry's longest warranties.
Having been long reluctant to enter the battery EV world, Hyundai in Korea is already selling a compact battery electric vehicle, or BEV, called the BlueOn.
There's a growing market for battery based vehicles ranging from hybrids, to plug-ins, to full battery-electric vehicles. Hyundai already offers gas-electric options in the U.S. with its midsize Sonata and compact Elantra models, and is now facing increased pressure to go further.
In the U.S., California will mandate that all major manufacturers include some sort of Zero-Emissions Vehicle, or ZEV, in their line-up. In fact, the majority of Hyundai's electric vehicles will likely be sold in California. Until now, Hyundai has attempted to meet this mandate with their fuel-cell vehicle, which combines hydrogen and oxygen to create current which is able to power electric motors. Hyundai Motor America has no choice to enter the electric vehicle market now, if it's to stay within California's regulations. "Our primary zero-emission vehicle focus is fuel cell right now," tweeted HMA Chief Executive John Krafcik, "but we will certainly field a BEV at some point."
The Hyundai Battery EV is expected to go 90 miles on a single charge, powered by a 16.4-kilowatt hour lithium polymer battery. For decades, Hyundai has offered the best in power, fuel-efficiency, higher-end materials, affordability, as well as reliability.
Battery-powered EV's typically appeal to consumers with short commutes who find it convenient to charge at home. With Hyundai's history of creating vehicles that meet the demands and standards of the marketplace, their electric vehicles will likely rank among the best in terms of long-distance travel.
Hyundai's Tucson Fuel Cell electric vehicles offer:
Estimated driving range up to 300 miles
Capable of full refueling in under 10 minutes, similar to gasoline
Minimal reduction in daily utility compared with gasoline
Instantaneous electric motor torque (221 lb.-ft.)
Minimal cold-weather effects compared with battery electric vehicles
Superb daily reliability and long-term durability
Extensive crash, fire, and leak testing successfully completed
Quieter EV operation
Zero greenhouse-gas emissions, emits only water vapor
Hyundai has headquarters at Costa Mesa, California and its vehicles are made available across the United States by more than 820 dealerships. Hyundai Assurance covers all Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S.
Hyundai San Francisco in San Francisco is your full-service Hyundai dealership, providing new and preowned Hyundai cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. If you are searching for Hyundai dealers using the keywords Hyundai dealers in San Francisco or South San Francisco Hyundai, visit our dealership today.
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona