ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Hyundai’s Hydrogen Fuel Cell Could Be A Game Changer
Total Articles: 2
If you're already a fan of Hyundai, which is a relative newcomer to the American market, you will be interested to know that the company is now planning to enter the electric vehicle market. The Korean automaker's cars and SUV's not only already provide a high level of content for an affordable price, but are also currently backed by one of the industry's longest warranties.
Having been long reluctant to enter the battery EV world, Hyundai in Korea is already selling a compact battery electric vehicle, or BEV, called the BlueOn.
There's a growing market for battery based vehicles ranging from hybrids, to plug-ins, to full battery-electric vehicles. Hyundai already offers gas-electric options in the U.S. with its midsize Sonata and compact Elantra models, and is now facing increased pressure to go further.
In the U.S., California will mandate that all major manufacturers include some sort of Zero-Emissions Vehicle, or ZEV, in their line-up. In fact, the majority of Hyundai's electric vehicles will likely be sold in California. Until now, Hyundai has attempted to meet this mandate with their fuel-cell vehicle, which combines hydrogen and oxygen to create current which is able to power electric motors. Hyundai Motor America has no choice to enter the electric vehicle market now, if it's to stay within California's regulations. "Our primary zero-emission vehicle focus is fuel cell right now," tweeted HMA Chief Executive John Krafcik, "but we will certainly field a BEV at some point."
The Hyundai Battery EV is expected to go 90 miles on a single charge, powered by a 16.4-kilowatt hour lithium polymer battery. For decades, Hyundai has offered the best in power, fuel-efficiency, higher-end materials, affordability, as well as reliability.
Battery-powered EV's typically appeal to consumers with short commutes who find it convenient to charge at home. With Hyundai's history of creating vehicles that meet the demands and standards of the marketplace, their electric vehicles will likely rank among the best in terms of long-distance travel.
Hyundai's Tucson Fuel Cell electric vehicles offer:
Estimated driving range up to 300 miles
Capable of full refueling in under 10 minutes, similar to gasoline
Minimal reduction in daily utility compared with gasoline
Instantaneous electric motor torque (221 lb.-ft.)
Minimal cold-weather effects compared with battery electric vehicles
Superb daily reliability and long-term durability
Extensive crash, fire, and leak testing successfully completed
Quieter EV operation
Zero greenhouse-gas emissions, emits only water vapor
Hyundai has headquarters at Costa Mesa, California and its vehicles are made available across the United States by more than 820 dealerships. Hyundai Assurance covers all Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S.
Hyundai San Francisco in San Francisco is your full-service Hyundai dealership, providing new and preowned Hyundai cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. If you are searching for Hyundai dealers using the keywords Hyundai dealers in San Francisco or South San Francisco Hyundai, visit our dealership today.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe