ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Easy Way To Repair Dents & Dings Of Car At Home
Total Articles: 312
Are you worried due to an unappealing dent on the car? Definitely, it looks horrible and needs a great amount to revamp. The car ding is repaired by slide hammer and welded-on-studs; however it is an expensive way. Body filler is best for home mechanics to fix minor dents and dings. The serious dents need to change the panel; nevertheless slight dings can get repaired with efforts. If you do not know how to fix your car’s dings and dents, follow the instruction cautiously.
Purchase the Necessary Tools:
First of all, you must have all the required tools to start the work. These are Body filler, hardener, primer, auto paint, clear coat, and polishing cream. Purchase safety glasses, nitrile gloves, orbital sander, buffing pads, spreading paddles, masking tape, clean rags and a respirator.
Grind To Metal:
First of all, the primer and paint must be removed. Either use abrasive pad or die grinder. It is possible to eliminate the paint with sandpaper. Keep in mind; do not scare the car surface by excessive use of sandpaper.
Work with a polyester resin (two-part) triggered by hardener. Take out the filler and use it on a mixing board. The most important function is to use the right amount of hardener (about 50:1). Mix the consistent color and use spreading paddle for some moments. The right color is light pink or blue.
As the compound is completely mixed, try to complete the work within seven minutes as the hardener helps in completing the task instantly. Apply the given filler in even strokes on the damaged area. Try to work patiently as sloppy performance will waste the money. Excessive use of compound takes your time in sanding the surface.
Smooth the Spot:
Let the filler for 30 minutes to get hardened properly. If you have time, better is to give some more minutes. Now, smooth the spot with sanding in slow motion. Check the nature of spot by touching it with naked hands. If the surface is not even, clean the spot with a rag to apply filler.
Preparing for Paint:
The last task is to use the paint. Either paint the spotted area at home or get the services of professionals. In case, you like to paint it yourself, bring a primer and start light coating for faultless finishing. You can purchase the paint color from the wholesaler. Try to custom mix the selected paint to match with the paint of the car. Make light layers of preferred paint on the selected area. Use polish to get a shiny surface.
It is necessary to use gloves and glasses to remain safe from toxic fumes. Moreover, the work should be performed in an open or ventilated area. Do not forget to use mask while sanding. The denting and painting work at home can make you experienced and save your salary from unnecessary expenditures. Always perform the above mentioned procedure by wearing the safety measures.
Automobiles Articles1. Best And Affordable Car, Bus, And Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Senorita Travels
Author: Senorita Travels
2. Buy Quality Used Cars Miami At Affordable Price
3. How To Avoid Major Auto Repairs
4. Improve Your Truck’s Performance By Getting Cummins Compound Turbos Installed
Author: Rip Rook
5. 6 Care Checks To Get Your Car Ready For Spring
Author: neel patel
6. How To Make A Decision About Buying A Car As A College Student?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
7. Prominent Manufacturer And Supplier Of Various Types Of Automobile Washing Machines In Pune - R.v. I
Author: R V Industries
8. How To Get The Best Deals On Vista Auto Service You Can
Author: Andrew Raymond
9. Timing Belt
Author: David J Warner
10. An Overview On ‘how To Sell My Scooter Online’
11. Save Money On Fuel With Electric Motorbikes In The Uk
Author: Amit Parmar
12. Choosing The Right Auto Garage Management Software For Your Business
Author: Jim Carrey is the author of this article
13. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
14. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
15. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen