ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Ways To Get Rid Of Stinking Odor In The Car
Total Articles: 312
It is a horrible experience to drive in a stinky car. The passengers also get disturbed while sitting in your car. In order to remove the smell, you can do a lot of noteworthy things. Start the procedure by cleaning the car. Here are some of the essential steps which will guide you how to remove odors from your car.
Clean the Vehicle
The foremost step is to clean each and every part of the car. The interior carpet, dashboard and upholstery should be trashed out properly. Check the rotted items and wrappers under the seats. Examine back-pockets to clear out the sticky chocolates, spots of food and candies. The child seat should be cleaned. Drink or food items should be replaced. The backs or boot of the car must be examined before finishing the cleaning process.
Wash the Surface of Car
Take a piece of cloth to wipe the metallic surface, glass, wood or plastic. Warm water is best to use. However the mild detergent can be applied to clear the glass or clean out the plastic surface.
Clean the Carpet
Take a soft brush to clean the dust from the carpet. Now remove the floor rug and start vacuuming the carpet. You can use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust from the seats. Use a vacuum nozzle to suck the unwanted material into seats and cushions. Now use deodorizer over the piece of carpet.
As the vacuuming process is finished, the next step is to apply steam clean. Car shampoo is suitable to remove the odor from the car.
Scrub the Upholstery
Sometime the dust remains in the folds of fabric, therefore use car shampoo and enzymatic smell remover to restore the fresh atmosphere of the car. Don’t use excessive water as it will take a long time to get dry. In case the surface remains wet, it will leave a stale smell.
Check the Odor
As the cleaning process is completed, check the odor of the car. If you still find bad smell, it’s time to expand the cleaning process. Sometime the smoke of cigarette can leave a long-lasting unbearable smell, try to get rid of this habit as soon as possible. Use two towels in plastic bowls with distilled vinegar. Place one near the back seat and one with the ashtray.
There are some other reasons which cannot let the bad odor to remove. These are vomit, urine, milk or any other liquid. Check out the leather seats, carpets upholstery and rugs to find out the area which is giving you a tough time. Clean it with water and let it get dried through heat dryer. Now use deodorizer to give a good smell. Start the car engine and use the parking brake. Switch on the AC and spray air freshener to remove all the chances of bad smell. In case of any smell, you can check AC / heater and engine to find out the reason of smell. As you know how to remove odors from your car, you can enjoy driving with family.
Automobiles Articles1. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
2. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
3. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
4. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
6. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
9. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
10. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
11. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
13. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
15. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name