ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Ways To Get Rid Of Stinking Odor In The Car
Total Articles: 312
It is a horrible experience to drive in a stinky car. The passengers also get disturbed while sitting in your car. In order to remove the smell, you can do a lot of noteworthy things. Start the procedure by cleaning the car. Here are some of the essential steps which will guide you how to remove odors from your car.
Clean the Vehicle
The foremost step is to clean each and every part of the car. The interior carpet, dashboard and upholstery should be trashed out properly. Check the rotted items and wrappers under the seats. Examine back-pockets to clear out the sticky chocolates, spots of food and candies. The child seat should be cleaned. Drink or food items should be replaced. The backs or boot of the car must be examined before finishing the cleaning process.
Wash the Surface of Car
Take a piece of cloth to wipe the metallic surface, glass, wood or plastic. Warm water is best to use. However the mild detergent can be applied to clear the glass or clean out the plastic surface.
Clean the Carpet
Take a soft brush to clean the dust from the carpet. Now remove the floor rug and start vacuuming the carpet. You can use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust from the seats. Use a vacuum nozzle to suck the unwanted material into seats and cushions. Now use deodorizer over the piece of carpet.
As the vacuuming process is finished, the next step is to apply steam clean. Car shampoo is suitable to remove the odor from the car.
Scrub the Upholstery
Sometime the dust remains in the folds of fabric, therefore use car shampoo and enzymatic smell remover to restore the fresh atmosphere of the car. Don’t use excessive water as it will take a long time to get dry. In case the surface remains wet, it will leave a stale smell.
Check the Odor
As the cleaning process is completed, check the odor of the car. If you still find bad smell, it’s time to expand the cleaning process. Sometime the smoke of cigarette can leave a long-lasting unbearable smell, try to get rid of this habit as soon as possible. Use two towels in plastic bowls with distilled vinegar. Place one near the back seat and one with the ashtray.
There are some other reasons which cannot let the bad odor to remove. These are vomit, urine, milk or any other liquid. Check out the leather seats, carpets upholstery and rugs to find out the area which is giving you a tough time. Clean it with water and let it get dried through heat dryer. Now use deodorizer to give a good smell. Start the car engine and use the parking brake. Switch on the AC and spray air freshener to remove all the chances of bad smell. In case of any smell, you can check AC / heater and engine to find out the reason of smell. As you know how to remove odors from your car, you can enjoy driving with family.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Automobile Companies Should Tie-up With Drivekool For Rto Services
2. 2018 Best Dirt Bike For Kids Of Different Age Groups – Kids For King
Author: Kids For King
3. How To Get Your Car Ready For Summer
Author: vibhuti Chouhan
4. Rockman Moldex-carbon Composites Company In India
Author: Rockman Industries
5. How To Know Kinds Of Mechanical Repairs Done By Automobile Mechanics In Vista
Author: Andrew Raymond
6. Fleet Wraps The Best Way To Advertise Your Business
7. What Keeps Planes Up And Running
Author: Xtreme Aviation
8. Car Rental Seychelles Should Be Considered When You Are Looking Forward To Make Your Commuting Safe
Author: Jeffrey Pham
9. Your Purpose Of Usage Will Define Whether It Is Best To Choose The Cruiser Over The Touring Bike
Author: Levi Fysh
10. How To Check The First Auto Repair In Any Local Garage
Author: Mark Josesh
11. How To Know Hydraulic Hose System Design
Author: Ryan gary
12. Simulators In Mining Industry
Author: Eesha Zaveri
13. How To Manage A Down Payment For Your Next Car?
Author: Williams Orchard
14. Types Of Forklifts Their Use And Advantages
Author: Raunak Kadam
15. Why You Should Have A Portable Jump Starters For Cars – Reasons!
Author: Anthony Farinola