ALL >> Politics >> View Article
Consumer Day- On World Consumer Rights Day
Total Articles: 52
Few lines from “Shakti aur Kshama” (Strength and Mercy), a poem by Ramdhari Singh Dinkar, holds eminent importance in current scenario where Indian consumer is cheated & distressed by the gimmicks of companies in various sector.
अत्याचार सहन करने का
कुफल यही होता है,
पौरुष का आतंक मनुज
कोमल होकर खोता है |
(This is the consequence of tolerating atrocities. The awe of machismo is lost when one is gentle and kindly)
क्षमा शोभती उस भुजंग को
जिसके पास गरल है,
उसका क्या जो दंतहीन
विषरहित विनीत सरल है |
(Forgiveness is becoming of the serpent that’s got venom. None cares for the toothless, Poison less, kind, and gentle one)
सहनशीलता, क्षमा, दया को
तभी पूजता जग है,
बल का दर्प चमकता उसके
पीछे जब जगमग है |
(Tolerance, forgiveness and clemency are respected by the world only when the glow of strength from behind them is unfurled.)
Few lines from “Shakti aur Kshama” (Strength and Mercy), a poem by Ramdhari Singh Dinkar, holds eminent importance in current scenario where Indian consumer is cheated & distressed by the gimmicks of companies in various sector. A slowdown in manufacturing, infrastructure and services is symptomatic of the stress in the Indian economy. Be it any industry, mis-selling and false advertising are increasing in exponential progression and we are just a silent spectator, mere helpless creature. Misleading representation and deceptive marketing is a fraud. Most victims of such frauds are still in-cognizant of the fact that they are also part of the segment ‘consumer’; various consumer forums in the district have observed a boost in suers seeking their help. According to district police statistics, not less than 10,000 persons were cheated by various financial firms in 2013. Additionally, over a dozen chit fund firms, too, went away with the money their clients had invested with them. The president of the state consumer forum, said,” not many had approached the consumer court or National consumer tribunal for justice”. “Most victims are still not aware that consumer courts can order compensation for them,” he reasoned. Only because of unawareness, these culprits get away. He further said that while though many people fall victim to cheat firms, only a few approached the forum for assistance. My curiosity is, why won’t someone exercise his rights? Too busy? Too ignorant? Not aware? No trust in judicial process and law? Or just lazy?
To brush up your knowledge on Consumer Rights, they are mentioned as follows-
• Right to safety: Consumers have the right to be protected against marketing of goods, which are hazardous to life and property. Before buying goods, a consumer should insist on purchasing quality products with guarantees such as ISI or AGMARK symbols.
• Right to be informed: This means that every consumer has the right to be informed about the quality, quantity, potency, purity, standard and price of goods so as to protect the consumer against unfair trade practices.
• Right to choose: This means that the consumer has the right to be assured, wherever possible of access to a variety of goods and services at a competitive price.
Read More: https://janpratinidhi.com/blog/?p=67
JPC is an online political platform that is designed to give constituency based political news about India. It is an open online platform that directs you to get to know about various popular leader and Political Events as well. For more information please click on Janpratinidhi.com.
Politics Articles1. Data Journalism India
2. The True Picture: Factual Truth And The Ways To Bring Them Out-front
3. Top 10 Unresolved International Controversies
4. Paul Moya - A Leader Bringing Change For The Better
Author: Paul Moya
5. Why Was Arvind Kejriwal Not Invited? A Look At Delhi Metro Protocol And Facts Of Magenta Line
6. Youth For Nation, Karnataka, Bangalore. Youth In Politics.
Author: Youth for Change
7. Swarajlive - The Future Of Newspaper
Author: swaraj live
8. Mr. Mohit Madanlal Grover
Author: Mr. Mohit Madanlal Grover
9. রোহিঙ্গা নির্যাতন জাতিগত নিধনের শামিল
10. Brexit Uncertainty May See Rise In Uk Bankruptcy
Author: Samantha Nicks
11. Top 10 Inspiration Acts Amidst Demonetization In India
12. Brijmohan Agarwal
Author: Jhil Mil
13. Latest Tamil News
14. Tamilnadu State Politics News
15. Tamil Newspaper