ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
New Fuel Economy Benchmark Set By 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Total Articles: 5
When you think of full-size trucks the words "fuel efficient" and "environmentally friendly" probably aren't the first words that come to mind. But the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is about to change how people view full-size trucks, with a new fuel economy benchmark of 28 MPG. With that announcement orders for this vehicle skyrocketed with over 8,000 dealer requests for the truck in the first 3 days it was available to order. This is likely due to its above average miles per gallon plus which ended up setting a new midsize pickup truck fuel economy benchmark and the fact that it is still a relatively powerful midsize truck.
The original pickup truck to use the Eco-boost technology was the V-6 Ford F-150. This truck was initially thought to be a bust it managed to pick up a great amount of market share due to its excellent fuel rating. The EcoDiesel in the Ram 1500 is very similar to that technology. It is running a 3 liter V6 engine which is built by the VM Motori Corporation. They are an Italian firm that used to specialize in building diesel engines for marine uses but had worked previously with the Italian carmaker Fiat. Most of the rest of the car is manufactured in the United States, Canada and Mexico with some part sourcing from Taiwan, Japan and mainland China. They are typically assembled fully in the United States.
The total fuel economy for the Ram 1500 is 23 miles per gallon. This combines both city and highway driving in an average. The city rating is 20 mpg while on the highway the 1500 EcoDiesel gets 28 mpg. According to Dodge this is the best combined fuel economy rating ever for a full size pickup. The four wheel drive version of the Ram is 22 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway which is not a huge difference. The engine produces a solid 240 horsepower and the only option you have for a transmission is an automatic.
The reason the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is able to deliver such excellent gas mileage is that it has a number of additional fuel-saving features built into the engine. This includes grille shutters on the body of the engine that open and shut when they are not being used. This helps to preserve fuel by regulating flow. There is also a push button engine starter which reduces the diesel that you burn starting up the car. The 1500 also has a very aerodynamic body which helps to reduce drag- especially at high speeds. The standard Ram 1500 EcoDiesel starts at $27,050 and goes up depending on the options you want.
The Ram has not yet been released but order numbers are very high for the initial batch, which will be released in early March in the United States. The fact that this pickup truck has the best gas mileage for any combustion engine truck of its size means that environmentally minded drivers will be looking to pick one up. The fuel economy also draws in individuals who are sick of paying such high gasoline and diesel prices for their large trucks. While the price of diesel fuel has gone up in recent years the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is still cheaper to run than a traditional gasoline engine.
Bolles Brothers' Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM in Stafford Springs is a full scale car dealership specializing in new and used car sales, auto service and auto parts. If you are searching for car dealers using the keywords Jeep Dealer Putnam CT or Ram dealer Putnam CT, come visit Bolles Dodge Jeep RAM showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe