ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Call A Handyman For Weather Stripping And Other Jobs
Total Articles: 29
This winter was one for the record books. Feet upon feet of snow and bone chilling cold were almost ever-present. With all that cold you may have noticed that your house was just a bit draftier than you’d remembered. Old or new, it’s not uncommon for homes to have drafts, but is there actually anything you can do about that problem besides crank up the furnace? Absolutely!
Weather Stripping to the Rescue!
One of the easiest, and least expensive, ways of keeping those cold winds out of your home is to install weather stripping in all of the draftiest spots. It’s not as easy as just grabbing the first product you see on the shelf, though. One quick trip to the hardware store will show you that there are lots of different weather stripping choices you can consider. Which one is right for you? Here’s a quick guide.
- Tension Seal: This works best on a sliding window or a double hung door. You just cut it to the right length, peel, and stick. You could also put finishing nails in it to hang it. It’s a plastic strip that folds into a v-shape, which then expands to help fill the gap.
- Felt: This usually comes by the roll, and it’s the cheapest of your options. You, however, will likely only get a season or so out of this choice. You can install it around the door or window sash, and you simply cut it to the right length, then staple it in place.
- Foam Tape: If you need to install the inside of a door frame or the top or bottom of a window and you have some irregular spaces to work with, this is probably your best bet. It, too, comes with a sticky back, and you can just cut it to fit, then peel and stick.
- Door Sweep: These go on the bottom of a door, and they’re designed to fill the gap to help keep the cold wind out. They come in a variety of different materials, and you’ll need to install it with screws.
- Rolled Vinyl: This can be placed on the door or the window, and they come with self-adhesive backing. Some even come in colors that match your doors and windows to help make them a bit more attractive. They’re pretty rigid, though, so they’re not a good choice for flexibility purposes.
The Easy Way
Weather stripping is a great way to keep your home a little warmer this year, but it’s not always easy to find the time to do so or the right product to meet your needs. Instead of fighting this battle on your own, you may want to call to a Ross Environmental handyman to tackle the task for you. It’s likely to save you some time and money.
Article Source: Ross Environmental
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma