ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
How To Freeze Sponge Cake?
Total Articles: 7
As most of us know, sponge cakes generally have a sponge-like and springy texture, thereby making them dense enough to support heavy fruit glazes or heavy frosting. They contain whole eggs that are added into the batter individually to give them the sponge-like appearance. This feature makes them highly suitable for freezing in such a way that it can be used as an ingredient for any dessert that you are preparing at your home on a later day. They have the ability to freeze well, but the technique of freezing relies on whether you frost it before or after storage. Here is a small guide on how to freeze them:
1. Once you have purchased the sponge cakes online and received the delivery of the same, it is better to completely cool it on a wire rack before taking steps towards its storage. If desired, it can be frosted and powdered sugar and chocolate frosting will freeze well. On the other hand, icing and glazes do not freeze well. So, it is better to apply immediately before serving the cake.
2. Take a cookie sheet and place the frosted cake on it and this sheet can be set in the freezer for a minimum to maximum eight hours. Once the frozening process is completed, it can be removed from the freezer.
3. Take a plastic wrap and frozen the frosted food. As an alternative, it can also be placed in a tightly sealed container as well. This is because when you use plastic wrap, there are chances of smearing. On the other hand, container will prevent any sort of damage.
4. The unfrosted cakes can be wrapped tightly when plastic wrap is used. Then, the wrapped cake should be stored in the storage bag in the freezer. To prevent burning, double layer of plastic wrap can be used.
You can follow the above-mentioned tips to achieve the best results. The spongy cakes irrespective of whether they are plain cakes or fruit cakes can be stored in freezer for a minimum four to maximum six months.
Nowadays, you need not have to go in search of the best shop for purchasing plain cakes or fruit cakes, as the best stores sell them online in such a way that people can conveniently make their purchase at the comfort of their home. An internet search can be helpful in finding such a shop. You can find whether there are online reviews before placing an order with any store.
This content has been taken from http://goarticles.com/article/How-To-Freeze-Sponge-Cake/8629954/
Cakes are perfect choice for celebrating any occasions like wedding, birthday, Christmas etc. Nude Cakes provides plain cakes, fruit cakes with full of plump, juicy and sponge cakes with wonderful moist, silky, smooth and rich in taste. For more info, please Click here.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. 7 Benefits Of Babywearing
Author: Michael Miller
2. Create And Curate Your Personalized Greeting Cards Online Today
Author: Denesh Yadav
3. Advantages Of Jute Which Everyone Must Know!
Author: ZestTex International
4. The Benefits Of Utilizing Caster Wheels
Author: Camren Lewis
5. Give A Beautiful Addition To Your Kitchen With Granite
Author: Antony Allen
6. Online Portals – The Best Medium For Buying Industrial Supplies
Author: Auzaro Industry
7. Find Free Embroidery Fonts Online To Create Beautiful Designs On Your Clothing
8. Openkart: Best Online Shopping Platform For Mobiles & Tablets
9. Interesting Info For You Before Buying Switch Blades For Sale
Author: Leonid Lee
10. The Large Artificial Christmas Trees Do Bring The Original Essence Of Christmas
Author: Aidan McKeddie
11. Why Is It Best To Order Flowers Online?
Author: Amra Kolasinac
12. Send Rose Gift For Valentine’s Day
Author: Mark Wilson
13. Tips For Buying Power Tools Online In India
Author: Auzaro Industry
14. Uncover The Beauty Of Net Sarees
Author: nik vik
15. Technomarine Chronograph Women’s Watches| The Beauty Of Your Wrist