ALL >> Health >> View Article
Total Articles: 12
Sleeve gastrectomy is a kind of obesity control treatment used on people having excess body mass. Under this surgery doctors remove a part of the stomach, leaving just a portion to look like a sleeve. This is done to limit the intake of food and calorie. Today the surgery is done through laparoscopic method which reduced the lengthy procedure, pain and also hospital stay. Doctors put a camera inside the stomach through a hole and continue with the surgery by looking at the monitor.
After the surgery you will not only lose most of your body mass but the surgery also helps in controlling type 2 diabetes, resolves high blood pressure and reduces cholesterol level. Just like any other operation, there are certain risks and complications associated with the sleeve gastrectomy. If you are planning to go for a surgery then make sure to visit an expert and collect all the required information. You can also search online for more detailed knowledge on risks and complication, post and pre operative measures, diet changes etc.
Some of the post operative complications are:
1. Bleeding after the surgery can be heavy and sometimes it might require blood transfusion or even reoperation which is though occasional. This problem is not common as only 1 out of 200 patients operated have to face the issue.
2. There can be leakage from the stapled part of the stomach. Although the problem occurs rarely and the proportion is just 1 out of 500 but sometime reoperation is the only way to handle the complication. Doctors take excess care of patients having leakage problem because if the issue continues then it can result in infection.
3. Infection is another postoperative complication which is usually treated by doctors by prescribing antibiotics. Reoperation is rarely required.
4. Wound issue is a problem very commonly faced by overweight people after operation. Normally their wounds do not heal fast and sometimes they also get infected.
5. Among the acute complications, patients might have to face problems like pneumonia or deep venous thrombosis. Doctors admit the patients in hospital, if suffering from any serious condition to ensure that proper care is taken.
After every surgery patients must take adequate rest and follow the advices provided by the doctor. Normally you must be on liquid diet for at least 2 weeks after the surgery. If the healing process is slow then the doctors will ask you to continue on a liquid diet until the stomach heals. Any kind of weight lifting is also not allowed for a month after sleeve gastrectomy. Due to the reduced stomach size patients might experience loss of interest in eating food which can eventually lead to malnutrition. Make sure to eat small quantity of healthy nutritious food at regular interval. Drink adequate water to maintain the fluid balance.
Amy Adison is a web enthusiast and a writer. Amy has afforded his articles and write-ups autonomously and through various online forums.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men