ALL >> Business >> View Article
3 Shipping Strategies For Online Sellers
Total Articles: 17
Here’s a scenario that may be a common experience for online store owners:
A customer browses around a website to check out available products that sparks his interest. He adds the item to his shopping cart and as he heads out to the check out page, he notices that the shipping rate of the seemingly-cheap product feels a little too expensive.
From that point on, two things are likely to happen. Its either the client will proceed and make the purchase anyway – or, as what usually happens, he will instead click away to visit other sites in the hopes of finding a cheaper alternative.
As an online entrepreneur, this can be very frustrating and so you want to come up with the best solutions to avoid (or at least) these occurrences. You don’t want the shipping charges to get in the way of making and increasing your sales.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Attract buyers with free shipping.
Perhaps no other phrase can be as appealing for online buyers as “free shipping.” Offering this on your site will definitely help generate great sales. Put a large sign on your site indicating this and you will be surprised with the positive response you will get. This is definitely an excellent marketing strategy.
Of course, this option is only possible for domestic buyers. It can be difficult for you to shoulder international shipping rates because prices can vary and can get very expensive in most cases.
To offer this, you may want to consider implementing a minimum order in terms of amount or number of items. This is a win-win situation because your buyer gets to save on shipping and you, in return, get to boost the average order you receive. The amount will be really easy to regain from the profits you make from the products.
2. Put an online shipping calculator on your site.
Another strategy is to offer your customers with access to an online calculator. This way, they know that there are no hidden charges - they are paying exactly the same rate as the shipping provider charges.
Get in touch with a shipping company and inquire about this feature. Firms are usually very willing to help online sellers with this. A real-time calculator is definitely an efficient tool that can help you gain the trust of more buyers because they will get access to actual shipping quotes.
3. Offer flat charges.
Finally, you have the choice to offer flat rates for every item ordered or for a specific quantity of orders. Many web-based sellers favor this idea because it is more convenient on their part. Customers alike love this option because it gives them the guarantee that they aren’t overpaying for the shipping.
When taking this route, you will need to coordinate closely with your trusted shipping source so you can stay updated with their current rates. The costs could change anytime and so it is important that you always get a heads up from your selected provider.
By implementing one of these three strategies, you will be able to attract more buyers and thus, significantly increase your earnings.
Utilizing the best parcel delivery service is a key towards greater online business success.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women