ALL >> General >> View Article
Types Of European Beads Available
Total Articles: 30
Fashion is always changing and every day we see new trends and styles coming up. But one thing that always remains fashionable is beaded jewelry. You can never go wrong with beaded jewelry due to the variety that is available. There is jewelry to suit every occasion and outfit and there is jewelry that is meant for every age.
Beads have been used in the creation of jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets and anklets for hundreds of years. The difference however is that in the earlier days, beads were made out of found objects and natural elements such as bones and shells. Today, there are specialized tools and techniques available to craft all kinds of beads.
One of the most popular types of beads available today is European beads. Although the history behind these beads remains unclear, they are widely used in the creation of stunning fashion jewelry today. They are available in many styles meaning that the design options for necklaces, bracelets and anklets are limitless.
European beads are made from silver, solid gold, solid sterling silver, base metal, glass and even plated gold and silver. There are some varieties which feature precious gemstones and are quite expensive. When we talk about European beads, there are many types available. Here's a look at some of the common types used in jewelry making.
Cover Locks - these are also referred to as Clips or Clasps. These are hinged beads which open so that they can be placed on the clasp holders on the jewelry chain. The purpose of using these types of beads is that they prevent other elements of the bracelet or jewelry from moving along and bunching up. But, it is entirely up to an individual whether to use clasps in their jewelry or not. Basically, these are preferred when the jewelry you are looking to create consists of few beads and the clasps are used to separate the beads on the bracelet. If beads are used to cover every inch of the jewelry piece, then a cover lock may not be required.
Blocker beads - these are quite similar to the Spacer beads we use in jewelry making. The difference is that they have a rubber gasket which holds the chain and prevents the other elements from sliding. These are specialized beads and they can be placed anywhere along the length of the jewelry.
Glass beads - these are very popular and most of the European style jewelry is made using glass beads. They are available in a variety of colors, styles and designs. Some consist of sterling silver inserts. Some have silver plated inserts and some are plain. This type of European beads is extremely beautiful and they are often chosen to create high-end jewelry pieces.
General Articles1. For The First Time To Buy High-end Business Watches We Should Pay Attention To What@thereal.su
2. 5 Best Tarot Cards For Beginners In Intriguing World Of New Age
3. Tiffin Services In Bangoluru –simply Home Food
Author: Simply Home Food
4. Anti-ageing Supplements An Overview
5. An Effective Remedy For Serious Hairloss – A New Concept Read More: An Effective Remedy For Serious
Author: Sithara Mithiran
6. Low Price Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata With Maximum Effort
Author: Kanchan Das
7. How To Solve Quicken Error Cc-501
8. How To Fix Aol Instant Messenger (aim) Errors?
Author: Bradon Wilson
9. How To Fix Brother Printer Error Ts-02
Author: Bradon Wilson
10. 70% Of The Auction Beyond The High Valuation Of Auction@thereal.su
11. What Is Considered A Luxury It? It Must Have Several Characteristics@thereal.su
12. Fire Safety Manager
13. Benefit From Credit Union Auto Buying Service Winston Salem Nc
Author: alma miller
14. Are You Facing The Issue With Your Hp Printer? Call Hp Printer Support Number +1-855-746-8414
Author: Sara Abo
15. Best Baby Food Online In India