ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Short Term Health Insurance
Total Articles: 233
No one can deny the fact that health insurance is a crucial part of our lives. It helps us to protect ourselves from foreseen situations like accidents and sickness. A short term health insurance generally covers major catastrophic health problems. It offers a stopgap arrangement in health care.
What is covered by Short Term Health Insurance?
The types of expenses covered by short term health insurance are generally the same as any other comprehensive plan. Expenses that are typically covered include daily hospital room charges, miscellaneous hospital services, surgical services, anaesthesia, out-of-hospital care.
Important Points to be noted:
1) The policy does not offer anything for preventive care like immunizations and vaccinations, dental or vision care. Pre-existing medical conditions are excluded in the affordable short term health insurance.
2) It also will exclude childbirth and usually all pre-existing medical conditions.
3) Short term health policies are normally sold to people under the age of 65.
As stated earlier, short term health insurance is just a temporary solution. Generally a short term health insurance plan lasts for 12 months or less. There are some, though, that will go up to 36 months.
Who should go for it:
Unemployed, part-time employed, people between jobs, recent college graduates, early retirees, temporary employees may consider taking a temporary health insurance.
Types of plans:
Health insurance plans are usually of two categories:
The two vary in their basic approach, particularly in choice of providers, out-of-pocket costs for covered services, and how bills are paid.
1) Indemnity plans or fee-for-service plans: Indemnity plans allow you to direct your own health care and visit any physician or clinic you like. The insurance company then pays a previously decided percentage of your total charges.
2) Managed care plans. The managed care plans possesses agreements with certain doctors and health care providers to offer many services to individual plan members at reduced cost. A managed care is an affordable choice for many.
Sales of short-term health insurance plans have accelerated in recent years because of its tendency to offer both low monthly costs and high coverage limits.
But before you buy an insurance, make sure you review several insurance quotes online because only by going through this process will you be able to make an effective comparison of the various options and will help you to decide on the right pick based on the cost, type and benefits.
Insurance Articles1. The Insights And Benefits Of Insurance Approved Repair Centre
Author: Rob Porter
2. Importance Of Life Insurance Policies
Author: Nirav Patekar
3. Get The Best Homeowners Insurance In California
4. Infoglobaldata Launches Accurate And Verified Database Of 128,132 Insurance Agents Email List
Author: Mark Griffith
5. Why Your Parents Need A Separate Health Insurance Plan
Author: Willie Gunn
6. Professional Mortgage Loan Advisors Can Help You Choose The Best Deal Suitable For Your Financial Ne
7. Select The Best Personal Loan In Pakistan
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
8. 5 Tips From Miami Nationwide Auto Insurance Providers
9. Things To Know About Travel Insurance An Effortless Way To Safeguard Your Trip
Author: James felix
10. Top 5 Tips To Compare Funeral Insurance Rates
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
11. Property Insurance Claims New Jersey: Areas To Cover And Points To Note
12. Ambulance Cover In Australia | Ambulance Insurance | Iselect
13. Overseas Visitor Cover In Australia | Visitor Insurance | Iselect
14. An Affordable Auto Insurance California Leads To A Secure Future
15. Road Rash: 10 Random Car Facts You Didn't Know
Author: Pranavi Jain