ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Choosing The Right Neighborhood For Your New Home
Total Articles: 9
Buyers spend a considerable amount of time in checking online for their dream home within their budget. Few people spend time on knowing the neighborhood of their prospective homes. When buying a home whether for resale or for your permanent address, make sure to check for the neighborhood. In this article, we will discuss how to choose the right neighborhood for your new home.
Crime and safety: Crime and safety in the neighborhood are very important. To know the crime information of that area, search online using search engines such as MSN, Yahoo, Google, etc. You can find the relevant information for the area or community.
Transportation: Most communities are designed around town center concept. This enables residents to walk to shops, restaurants and to workplace. Homes located near popular commuter routes and subway stations are costlier than the homes at far off places.
Check for time taken to commute to your workplace. Check also for route navigation, public transportation alternatives, taxicab fares, transit stop distance and other personal requirements. Ask the realtor if there is anything available for low cost with these facilities.
Schools: Check for schools in the neighborhood. This will help you send your kids easily and save time. Even if you do not have kids to educate or do not plan for kids, schools in the neighborhood are a positive aspect. This is because it will add considerably to value of your home. In a nationwide survey conducted by Redfin in 2013 shows that Americans pay $50 more per square foot to homes that have top ranked schools in neighborhood than average ranked school.
Taxes and property values: Check out the current tax rates in the area and whether any changes in the tax rates in past five years happened and any increase, that is expected.
Check out the present value of the houses in that area and average values in the past five ten years.
Check for any development in the past five to ten years in development plans in the future.
These developments are likely to lead to hike in taxes and the value of the house may change accordingly.
Choose a suitable neighborhood for your new home. Choose one based on your preferences such as anonymity, newer development or older neighborhood, proximity to restaurants and shopping, parks, walking to amenities, busier active area or quiet streets, etc. Make sure to research well and take professional help if you think you are not sure.
Our-opinions-tips.com is a collective blog of four bloggers who share their opinions and tips with a common purpose to help their readers. This blog provides insightful opinions on a variety of categories including business, health, history, technology, and lifestyle.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma