ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Critical Tips To Know About The Montego Bay Airport In Jamaica
Total Articles: 1
Planning a trip to Jamaica? Before you start checking out the beaches and tourist attractions, it is extremely important that you know what to expect at the Montego Bay Jamaica Airport.
Going to a foreign country for the first time can be very exciting, but it could also be nerve-wracking!
You want to be able to have fun, so hopefully the following tips would be able to help you enjoy yourself to the fullest. Let's review the following steps so that you know what to do once you land on the Montego Bay Airport:
1. Transportation arrangements.
Most likely, you were able to book your flight and arrange your reservations through a travel agency or an online reservation website. When you walk outside of the airport there are several transportation companies as well as taxis, hotel shuttles and more.
So, before you arrive, make sure you know exactly who or what service you made your arrangements with and ask them if they will be holding a sign (most companies do) or how will you know to spot them. If for any reason you cannot find the person who is picking you up, if you know the name and the company, anyone that is working there can lead you in the right direction.
2. Have the right currency.
A common mistake that is committed by most tourists is not being able to carry money in the currency of the place that they are planning to visit. If you are planning to change your money before you arrive, I recommend changing it at the place you are visiting from just because you will be more familiar with it.
On the other hand, in Jamaica, the locals and those in the tourism industry are very familiar with the American Dollar, in fact when you are traveling it is a good idea to come with several $1 bills which can be used for tipping.
Usually on the airplane before you land, your airline stewardess will provide you with a customs form to fill out. Make sure you have a pen, because they normally do not provide anything to write with.
You will put the following on your customs form:
- Passport number, expiration date, issuing country
- Place where you are staying (name of hotel/resort) and the address
- Length of stay and your return flight information
- Declare any goods you are bringing (like gifts for friends or family that you may have in Jamaica)
Once you land, you will go in line where they review your customs form and ask you what is your purpose of visiting, they scan your passport and send you to get your luggage.
After you get your luggage, you walk to the specific lines - one for people that have nothing to declare and one for those that have something to declare. Then you hand them your form again and they ask you if you need to declare anything, if you don't you keep walking to the transportation outside.
4. Know specifically where you are staying.
With the Montego Bay weather perfect for a quick dip as soon as you arrive, make sure that you know the exact name of the hotel, resort or villa. The last thing you want is to be stuck in the Montego Bay Airport trying to contact the travel agency who booked your accommodation.
Whoever you hired for your transportation arrangements will be very familiar with all the hotels/resorts, but just make sure you know the name and the location to where you are staying because some of the resorts have the same name but just different cities.
5. Have a drink.
When you walk outside the Montego Bay Airport, there is a bar and a food stand. While you are waiting for your ride, go ahead get a taste of Jamaica, have a "Ting" soda and Jamaican beef patty. You will love it!
Travel Articles1. Finding Spot For Organizing School Picnic Has Become Easy
2. Irving Taxi Service Gives The Best Transport Service For Your Weekend Trip
Author: Irving Instant Cab
3. Choose Vacation Home Rentals Jasper Ar For Limitless Excitement
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Petra Tours - A Useful Guide For First-timers
5. Assisted Tour Package Prove As The Best To Explore The Face Of Rajasthan
Author: Colourful Indian Holidays
6. Charisma Of Affordable Christchurch Holiday Package
Author: Damien McConnell
7. Benefits To Hire Personal Driver Nyc Services
Author: Robert Anhouse
8. Show Proper Significance With A Limousine Rental In Atlanta
Author: John Anderson
9. For Covering Long Distances Choose The Premium Cab Service Provider
Author: John Watson
10. Impress The In-laws With Cheap Car Service Houston
Author: MARK Jones
11. 4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
12. 4 Best Beaches In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
13. How To Plan Vacation Tours In Croatia
Author: Alfred Hunter
14. Stylish And Purposeful Wedding Arrangements For Limousine Service In Minneapolis
Author: john wick
15. If Planning A Home Relocation, Leave Entire Household To Moving Services Richmond Va
Author: Stewart Moving & Storage