ALL >> Health >> View Article
Practical Tips To De-stress Yourself Effectively
Total Articles: 233
The First Step To Combat Stress
Stress, as a part of life, can’t always be avoided. Even then, you can at least try to avoid situations that lead to stress. You can also control your response to it. To tackle your mental baggage, you will need to find out your own stress management strategy. To begin with, try tracking the factors by recording the factors that stress you most. After identifying your own ‘stress factors; try to make a little bit of change in your lifestyle so that you can avoid stressful conditions. Here are some effective relaxation techniques you can try at home .
Laugh Out Loud
They say, “Laughter is the best medicine”. And when it comes to coping with stress, you might find a hearty laugh extremely helpful. Not only laughter helps you lighten your mental load, it also renders positive physical changes in body. For example, it improves you intake of fresh air, thus stimulating your heart, muscles and lungs. Laughter also helps increase the production of endorphin, which is a feel good hormone, released by the brain.
Enjoy Your Weekends
In different studies conducted by researchers, it has been found that in constant usage of cell phones are actually contributing to stress and anxiety. They can also cause different negative health impacts, like poor concentration and chronic insomnia. While cell phones are something that cannot be possibly avoided in the working hours, you might want to turn them off on weekends. Also, try avoiding “Sunday Blues” even if you have a hectic work schedule ahead. Anticipating the workloads of the coming week can only make you more miserable. So try to divert your mind by actively participating with your friends and family.
Avoid “comfort foods”. They can only give you a temporary relief from anxiety. Instead, consider switching to foods which can enhance your mood. Mackerel, for example, contains an amino acid that has mood elevating properties. Even Greek yogurt contains amino acids that aid regulating your stress hormones. The chemicals found in steak and kidney pie can improve your response to stress. Also, try citrus fruits like oranges because their vitamin C content can help elevate your mood. Parsley also helps to fight anxiety by providing more energy to your brain.
To de-stress, people often zone out in front of the television at the end of a hard day’s work. However, it might not help to address the damaging effects of stress. To fight stress effectively, you need to activate your body’s natural response. Hope that the above mentioned tips will help.
Health Articles1. Self Pay Medicaid Insurance Discovery
Author: Wayne Gill
2. Painless Injections In Phoenix That Enhances Your Beauty
Author: Eddie Patterson
3. Best Website To Order Weed Omline
Author: Klinns John
4. Enhance Your Physical Health With Sports Massage In Perth
Author: Michael Devine
5. How To Make Our Body Fit With Fitness Tips To Be In Good Shape
Author: Get Fit First
6. Can Wisdom Teeth Reverse My Orthodontic Treatment?
Author: Joshua Su
7. Unearthing Myths On Hemp Use For Your Pet
Author: What is Hemp
8. Questions You Might Want To Ask Your Hygienist
9. How You Can Better Control Your Child’s Worst Fears Of The Dentist
10. Ways Dental Practitioners Calm You While In The Seat
11. Must I Go To The Dental Professional When I Am Sick?
12. Comprehending The Facts The Dental Vocabulary
13. Valuable Reasons For Dental Care Consultation Services
14. How Good Are Dentistry X-rays?
15. Cavities: How And For What Reason Do Dentists Fix Cavities For Kids?