ALL >> Education >> View Article
Pedagogy Of Mathematics In Singapore
Total Articles: 58
Most of the parents find math as one of the most difficult subject for a child to learn as well as for the teacher to teach the child. We as parents are very well aware of the importance of mathematics in everyday life, be it, counting the number of tiles required by figuring out the size of the area, or, understanding the percentages on the nutrition label, or calculating the monthly bill, or just placing a picture on the wall straight – all requires some mathematics somewhere or the other. So, the significance of mathematics in our everyday life makes the parents more concerned about their child’s performance in this particular subject.
Singapore math tuition is famous worldwide for the technique and the method they use in their teachings. The concepts that they follow make the learning process easy and understood by all. The highest grade scoring students in the world are from Singapore or have taken tuition from Singapore. The excellent math teachers in Singapore give exactly what the child needs, to give a kick start to this subject. They understand that the most important thing is to create interest in a particular subject and once this is done half of the job is done. They create the interest of a child in math by employing various techniques and help them to become math geniuses.
They make learning a fun activity and believe in using more of practical classes and less of theory classes. As we know that the tendency of a child is to get attracted towards colors and visual effects as compared to reading, the best way to keep the child running away from it is to make learning a fun activity. The teachers take full advantage of such instincts of a child and teach them math using different models and plans and math games. In such way, the child learns the concepts without realizing that he is actually studying and building his concepts.
The tutors in Singapore are highly educated and come with a lot of teaching experience and knowledge on how to handle kids coming from different backgrounds. They follow two theories in their math teachings:
• Bloom’s Taxonomy of Cognitive Levels: Knowledge, Comprehension and Application
• CPA Pedagogy.
One of the key teaching principles in IP math tuition in Singapore is the concept of Conceptual teaching, which is the Concrete– Pictorial – Abstract, i.e. CPA approach of teaching. It is considered as the best procedure of building concepts in the child’s mind. It benefits the children to a great extent as it moves gradually from actual objects through pictures and then to symbols. It is said that there are three steps necessary for the students to understand this concept.
Concrete – In this stage a child would be introduced to the idea by actually acting it out with real objects, like sharing 24 biscuits amongst four children, etc. This is the foundation for conceptual understanding.
Pictorial – In this stage the student has sufficient understanding of concrete and now is in a position to relate them to pictures and diagrams and other problems.
Abstract – In this stage the students is efficient to represent the problems by using the mathematical formulas and notations.
This CPA pedagogy is an excellent and an efficient way of building concepts in the mind of a child which is followed by the math tutors in Singapore. The levels of cognition represent part of the learning theory that underlines the process of learning. These two theories followed in math in Singapore, has resulted in:
• Understanding of mathematical concepts
• Improvement in confidence
• Improvements in test scores
• Excellence in mathematics
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy