ALL >> Education >> View Article
Pedagogy Of Mathematics In Singapore
Total Articles: 58
Most of the parents find math as one of the most difficult subject for a child to learn as well as for the teacher to teach the child. We as parents are very well aware of the importance of mathematics in everyday life, be it, counting the number of tiles required by figuring out the size of the area, or, understanding the percentages on the nutrition label, or calculating the monthly bill, or just placing a picture on the wall straight – all requires some mathematics somewhere or the other. So, the significance of mathematics in our everyday life makes the parents more concerned about their child’s performance in this particular subject.
Singapore math tuition is famous worldwide for the technique and the method they use in their teachings. The concepts that they follow make the learning process easy and understood by all. The highest grade scoring students in the world are from Singapore or have taken tuition from Singapore. The excellent math teachers in Singapore give exactly what the child needs, to give a kick start to this subject. They understand that the most important thing is to create interest in a particular subject and once this is done half of the job is done. They create the interest of a child in math by employing various techniques and help them to become math geniuses.
They make learning a fun activity and believe in using more of practical classes and less of theory classes. As we know that the tendency of a child is to get attracted towards colors and visual effects as compared to reading, the best way to keep the child running away from it is to make learning a fun activity. The teachers take full advantage of such instincts of a child and teach them math using different models and plans and math games. In such way, the child learns the concepts without realizing that he is actually studying and building his concepts.
The tutors in Singapore are highly educated and come with a lot of teaching experience and knowledge on how to handle kids coming from different backgrounds. They follow two theories in their math teachings:
• Bloom’s Taxonomy of Cognitive Levels: Knowledge, Comprehension and Application
• CPA Pedagogy.
One of the key teaching principles in IP math tuition in Singapore is the concept of Conceptual teaching, which is the Concrete– Pictorial – Abstract, i.e. CPA approach of teaching. It is considered as the best procedure of building concepts in the child’s mind. It benefits the children to a great extent as it moves gradually from actual objects through pictures and then to symbols. It is said that there are three steps necessary for the students to understand this concept.
Concrete – In this stage a child would be introduced to the idea by actually acting it out with real objects, like sharing 24 biscuits amongst four children, etc. This is the foundation for conceptual understanding.
Pictorial – In this stage the student has sufficient understanding of concrete and now is in a position to relate them to pictures and diagrams and other problems.
Abstract – In this stage the students is efficient to represent the problems by using the mathematical formulas and notations.
This CPA pedagogy is an excellent and an efficient way of building concepts in the mind of a child which is followed by the math tutors in Singapore. The levels of cognition represent part of the learning theory that underlines the process of learning. These two theories followed in math in Singapore, has resulted in:
• Understanding of mathematical concepts
• Improvement in confidence
• Improvements in test scores
• Excellence in mathematics
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni