ALL >> Business >> View Article
Appliance Maintenance Tips For 2014
Total Articles: 16
You probably have heard that old saying about the 80/20 rule. It applies to appliances as well. As the saying goes - 20% of effort can help save 80% of costs. When dealing with maintenance of home appliances, this could not be truer. Far too often, our appliance repair parts shops across Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Texas see situations for home appliance repair or needed parts that could have been avoided with just a bit of effort for maintenance.
And while our locations appreciate the business, we can’t help sharing some of our worthwhile maintenance tips for home appliances. A little time on cleaning home appliances can go a long way in saving a little extra money on home appliance repair.
So to start 2014 off right, here is a quick checklist primer on how to do things right.
Front Load Washers:
We suggest that with today’s front-load washers, users should do the following to keep the unit in good working condition:
Open Door after Use: Some of the new front-load machines have an unpleasant smell if the door gets shut after a wash cycle. Sometimes, mold can form around door seals. These seals are made to keep water from leaking out during wash cycles. So instead of having to buy a new washing machine seal, keep the door open after a cycle to air it out and prevent any mold or mildew buildup in the rubber.
Use a Hot Water Wash Regularly: Cold-water washing helps conserve energy in heating, but can also lend to a buildup of residue inside the machine if always used. A weekly hot water wash can clean up some of the leftover detergent and others remains that don’t come off in a cold water wash.
Clean the Coils: Have a look at the coils on your refrigerator. These coils are usually found near the base of the refrigerator, in the front behind a kick plate or in back behind a cover.
If the coils are covered in any kind of dust or grime, make sure to clean them every few months. These coils can get covered with dust in desert regions or if you have pets indoors with animal hair. Clean coils means better energy efficiency and money savings down the road on replacement appliance parts.
Replace Water filters:
Refrigerators with automatic water dispensers use filters that are effective in removing particles and other bits from the water. Many water filters work great for 4-6 months, then will require replacement filters. Replace the filters according to your leading brand water filters.
Dryers should be checked for lint build-up several times in the winter. Clean and check your exterior dryer vent for maximum efficiency.
For all your home appliance replacements parts, contact us at Appliance Parts Company. You’ll find the part you need for your home appliance in our wide catalog of parts for air conditioners, refrigerators, washers, dryers and cooking ranges.
Article Source: Appliance Parts Company
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining