ALL >> Business >> View Article
Top Scaffolding Safety Tips
Total Articles: 157
Falls from scaffolds can be avoided if a few important safety tips were to be followed. Whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold, chances of accident are always there. Remember, falls from high places usually result in serious injuries and therefore adherence to safety standards is a must, irrespective of the type of scaffolding that you are using.
The first and most important tip that anyone could give is to have a competent authority to take care of the scaffolding on the site. This supervisor should be the person who should oversee all the scaffold erection. Reputable scaffolding suppliers will also offer additional services such as assistance in scaffolding erection. However, there should be a trained supervisor who should always be available to deal with any scaffolding issue.
It goes without saying that it is extremely important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions whenever scaffoldings are being erected. If you have any doubts, do call up the manufacturer’s representative and get them clarified. Remember, there is nothing wrong in seeking help.
It is important that to ensure that no one works on the scaffolds, whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold during stormy weather. Most of the accidents involving fall from heights usually happen during windy weather. The safety supervisor on site should ensure that the scaffolds are a “no go” zone during such weather.
Before anyone climbs on to a scaffold, it should be checked whether they are leaning to one side or wobbly. It should be made mandatory for all to do this check before they use any of the scaffolds. This will ensure a drastic reduction in the number of workplace accidents.
Under no circumstances should the mistake of using concrete blocks or loose bricks for supporting scaffolding be made. Remember, if the manufacturer says that there is foundation required for scaffolding, especially if it were to be erected on a hard surface, then it is in your best interests to go by the recommendation.
In case of the use of mobile scaffolding, make sure that you chock the wheels. This will prevent the mobile scaffold from rolling. Remember, aluminium scaffolding is extremely light and there are chances of the scaffold rolling. It is therefore important that you check whether the wheels have been locked.
Finally, it is also important that you do not move the mobile scaffold if someone is working on them. Most of the fall accidents involving scaffolding happen due to this mistake.
For more information on Scaffold. Visit Today - Molecularscaffoldsales.com.au/
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev