ALL >> Business >> View Article
Top Scaffolding Safety Tips
Total Articles: 157
Falls from scaffolds can be avoided if a few important safety tips were to be followed. Whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold, chances of accident are always there. Remember, falls from high places usually result in serious injuries and therefore adherence to safety standards is a must, irrespective of the type of scaffolding that you are using.
The first and most important tip that anyone could give is to have a competent authority to take care of the scaffolding on the site. This supervisor should be the person who should oversee all the scaffold erection. Reputable scaffolding suppliers will also offer additional services such as assistance in scaffolding erection. However, there should be a trained supervisor who should always be available to deal with any scaffolding issue.
It goes without saying that it is extremely important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions whenever scaffoldings are being erected. If you have any doubts, do call up the manufacturer’s representative and get them clarified. Remember, there is nothing wrong in seeking help.
It is important that to ensure that no one works on the scaffolds, whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold during stormy weather. Most of the accidents involving fall from heights usually happen during windy weather. The safety supervisor on site should ensure that the scaffolds are a “no go” zone during such weather.
Before anyone climbs on to a scaffold, it should be checked whether they are leaning to one side or wobbly. It should be made mandatory for all to do this check before they use any of the scaffolds. This will ensure a drastic reduction in the number of workplace accidents.
Under no circumstances should the mistake of using concrete blocks or loose bricks for supporting scaffolding be made. Remember, if the manufacturer says that there is foundation required for scaffolding, especially if it were to be erected on a hard surface, then it is in your best interests to go by the recommendation.
In case of the use of mobile scaffolding, make sure that you chock the wheels. This will prevent the mobile scaffold from rolling. Remember, aluminium scaffolding is extremely light and there are chances of the scaffold rolling. It is therefore important that you check whether the wheels have been locked.
Finally, it is also important that you do not move the mobile scaffold if someone is working on them. Most of the fall accidents involving scaffolding happen due to this mistake.
For more information on Scaffold. Visit Today - Molecularscaffoldsales.com.au/
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla