ALL >> Business >> View Article
Top Scaffolding Safety Tips
Total Articles: 157
Falls from scaffolds can be avoided if a few important safety tips were to be followed. Whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold, chances of accident are always there. Remember, falls from high places usually result in serious injuries and therefore adherence to safety standards is a must, irrespective of the type of scaffolding that you are using.
The first and most important tip that anyone could give is to have a competent authority to take care of the scaffolding on the site. This supervisor should be the person who should oversee all the scaffold erection. Reputable scaffolding suppliers will also offer additional services such as assistance in scaffolding erection. However, there should be a trained supervisor who should always be available to deal with any scaffolding issue.
It goes without saying that it is extremely important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions whenever scaffoldings are being erected. If you have any doubts, do call up the manufacturer’s representative and get them clarified. Remember, there is nothing wrong in seeking help.
It is important that to ensure that no one works on the scaffolds, whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold during stormy weather. Most of the accidents involving fall from heights usually happen during windy weather. The safety supervisor on site should ensure that the scaffolds are a “no go” zone during such weather.
Before anyone climbs on to a scaffold, it should be checked whether they are leaning to one side or wobbly. It should be made mandatory for all to do this check before they use any of the scaffolds. This will ensure a drastic reduction in the number of workplace accidents.
Under no circumstances should the mistake of using concrete blocks or loose bricks for supporting scaffolding be made. Remember, if the manufacturer says that there is foundation required for scaffolding, especially if it were to be erected on a hard surface, then it is in your best interests to go by the recommendation.
In case of the use of mobile scaffolding, make sure that you chock the wheels. This will prevent the mobile scaffold from rolling. Remember, aluminium scaffolding is extremely light and there are chances of the scaffold rolling. It is therefore important that you check whether the wheels have been locked.
Finally, it is also important that you do not move the mobile scaffold if someone is working on them. Most of the fall accidents involving scaffolding happen due to this mistake.
For more information on Scaffold. Visit Today - Molecularscaffoldsales.com.au/
Business Articles1. Best International Courier Service In Maharashtra
Author: Unique air express
2. Best Practices For Dealing With Workplace Violence
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
3. Government And Co-operative Societies In India Support Flood Victims
4. Different Types Of Materials Used For Constructing The Magnetic Core Of A Transformer
Author: Trutech Products
5. Metal Roofing- Right To Choose For Commercial Roofing Okc
Author: Fred Lydick
6. Keep Your Business Afresh In Peoples’ Mind During Off Seasons!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
7. Vinyl Windows And Aluminium Windows Okc- Which To Choose For Your Home?
Author: Fred Lydick
8. Appsquadz: The Prominent Mobile App Development Company In Goodfirms Research
Author: vivek kumar
9. Top Reasons To Get Short Term Payday Loan
Author: Broad Stevens
10. Learning To Fly: Start A New Business In Singapore
Author: Singh Sukhbir
11. Hdfc Securities And Kotak Securities Offer The Best Trading Platforms For Stock Markets
12. Add Beauty To Your Home With The Best Scented Candle
13. Top Iphone 8 Rumors
Author: Josh Carr
14. Meishen Technology Is A Strong Team
Author: hu Allen
15. How Ecommerce Logistics Partners Are Helping Smes Make A Mark Online
Author: shiwangi ecourierz