ALL » Business >> View Article
Top Scaffolding Safety TipsBy Expert Author: Paul Wright
Falls from scaffolds can be avoided if a few important safety tips were to be followed. Whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold, chances of accident are always there. Remember, falls from high places usually result in serious injuries and therefore adherence to safety standards is a must, irrespective of the type of scaffolding that you are using.
The first and most important tip that anyone could give is to have a competent authority to take care of the scaffolding on the site. This supervisor should be the person who should oversee all the scaffold erection. Reputable scaffolding suppliers will also offer additional services such as assistance in scaffolding erection. However, there should be a trained supervisor who should always be available to deal with any scaffolding issue.
It goes without saying that it is extremely important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions whenever scaffoldings are being erected. If you have any doubts, do call up the manufacturer’s representative and get them clarified. Remember, there is nothing wrong in seeking help.
It is important that to ensure that no one works on the scaffolds, whether it is a stationary scaffold or a mobile scaffold during stormy weather. Most of the accidents involving fall from heights usually happen during windy weather. The safety supervisor on site should ensure that the scaffolds are a “no go” zone during such weather.
Before anyone climbs on to a scaffold, it should be checked whether they are leaning to one side or wobbly. It should be made mandatory for all to do this check before they use any of the scaffolds. This will ensure a drastic reduction in the number of workplace accidents.
Under no circumstances should the mistake of using concrete blocks or loose bricks for supporting scaffolding be made. Remember, if the manufacturer says that there is foundation required for scaffolding, especially if it were to be erected on a hard surface, then it is in your best interests to go by the recommendation.
In case of the use of mobile scaffolding, make sure that you chock the wheels. This will prevent the mobile scaffold from rolling. Remember, aluminium scaffolding is extremely light and there are chances of the scaffold rolling. It is therefore important that you check whether the wheels have been locked.
Finally, it is also important that you do not move the mobile scaffold if someone is working on them. Most of the fall accidents involving scaffolding happen due to this mistake.
For more information on Scaffold. Visit Today - Molecularscaffoldsales.com.au/
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island – How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. It’s True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta