ALL >> Health >> View Article
Tips To Tackle A Colicky Baby
Total Articles: 233
Being a new parent gives you immense joy but at the same time you are filled with a lot of anxiety. When your baby starts screaming in pain, you don’t know what to do and you feel helpless. Many parents have encountered this situation before and they say that the colic does not last forever.
Babies don’t come with a handbook of instructions so instead of panicking, you must think logically of what is causing your baby to cry. If your infant has colic, it may:
o cry a lot, especially in the late afternoon or early evening
o curl up their knees to their chest and their face turns red when they cry
o have wind or a bloated tummy.
Some parents have suggested the following tips to tackle a colicky child:
1. Gentle Movement: Colicky crying may be may stop if you hold your baby and make it feel comforted in your arms. A short walk with your baby or sitting in a rocking chair might do the trick. Put them in a swing or a cradle. The continuing movement is always soothing to a baby. Go for a car ride as the motion often very helpful and will allow your baby to fall asleep.
2. Create a distraction: Sometimes soothing your baby is as simple as dimming the lights and turning on some music such as ocean and rainfall sounds. For some babies, playing classical, slow music or white noise is calming.
3. Pacifiers: If your baby just ate but is still crying, it might want something to suck on. Give your baby a quality pacifier to calm their mouths with.
4. Gentle touch: A nice warm baby bath or gentle tummy massage may also help them relax and relieves your baby's colic.
5. Swaddling - Many colicky babies jerk their arms and legs uncontrollably during a crying fit and sometimes even after they have fallen asleep. To avoid this, wrap your baby its arms and legs securely wrapped inside a light infant blanket and the head totally. This gives the baby a feeling of being in the mother’s womb, and will comfort him enough to calm him.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe