ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Using Nitrogen Filled Tires For Your Car - Important Aspects
Total Articles: 9
Nitrogen filled tires for your car bring certain benefits. Nitrogen is used to inflate these tires instead of air. Nitrogen helps keep the tire temperature and pressure more consistent. The benefits of switching to nitrogen-filled tires vary based on the dealership. Some tire stores and dealerships claim that nitrogen-filled tires offer better performance than the air and save money on gas. Actually, nitrogen is costlier and brings fewer benefits.
According to Get Nitrogen Institute, using nitrogen in tire inflation improves fuel economy, longer and better tire pressure retention, and makes the tires last longer, and is ecologically safe.
Cooler running temperatures:
Humidity in air condenses into water when the air is compressed. The local gas station's air storage tank accumulates the water. The water comes along with air when you add compressed air to your vehicle tire. When the tire temperature increases, the water turns into gaseous state. When this water expands the tire, pressure will increase. This leads to variation in temperature and the tire fails to function optimally. Whereas in case of nitrogen, there is no water in nitrogen and will not cause pressure fluctuation. According to a 2008 study by ExxonMobil, the change in the temperature when using nitrogen is negligible.
Underinflated tires will give lower gas mileage. For every one psi drop in pressure in four tires lowers gasoline mileage by 0.3 percent. The loss of pressure in nitrogen tires is slower than in air-inflated tires. This leads to a better mileage.
Tire pressure retention:
An inflated tire loses its pressure over time. The change in temperature will accelerate this process. For every ten-degree fall or rise of temperature, pressure of one psi is lost. Nitrogen has larger molecules than oxygen has and causes more stable pressure. The Consumer Reports conducted a yearlong study in 2006 to compare the air loss in tires filled with air and tires filled with nitrogen. In this study, nitrogen won the test with a significant margin.
Cost and convenience:
The cost of filling a tire with nitrogen is higher than in case of air. In case of air, it is free in many gas filling stations. Sometimes it costs less than a dollar. Nitrogen tires require nearly eighty-four dollars per tire per year as an additional expense when compared to air filled tires.
In addition, nitrogen filling stations are located at fewer places. For that purpose alone, you need to go there when the tire pressure is comes down.
There are, thus, fewer benefits with nitrogen when compared to air. In most cases, the benefits determine whether to use nitrogen for your vehicle tires. Make sure to compare before migrating to nitrogen tires.
Our-opinions-tips.com is a collective blog of four bloggers who share their opinions and tips with a common purpose to help their readers. This blog provides insightful opinions on a variety of categories including business, health, history, technology, and lifestyle.
Automobiles Articles1. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
2. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
3. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
4. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
5. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
6. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
7. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
8. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
9. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
10. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
11. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat
12. The Use Of Cummins Compound Turbocharger Results In Sped Up Motor
Author: Rip Rook
13. Wearing Novelty Helmets Motorcycle Can Keep You Protected While Riding!
Author: Dickens Ben
14. Your Search For The #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
Author: Al Freilich
15. Best And Affordabale Car, Bus, Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Neetabus Shubhyatra
Author: Neetabus Shubhyatra