ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Using Nitrogen Filled Tires For Your Car - Important Aspects
Total Articles: 9
Nitrogen filled tires for your car bring certain benefits. Nitrogen is used to inflate these tires instead of air. Nitrogen helps keep the tire temperature and pressure more consistent. The benefits of switching to nitrogen-filled tires vary based on the dealership. Some tire stores and dealerships claim that nitrogen-filled tires offer better performance than the air and save money on gas. Actually, nitrogen is costlier and brings fewer benefits.
According to Get Nitrogen Institute, using nitrogen in tire inflation improves fuel economy, longer and better tire pressure retention, and makes the tires last longer, and is ecologically safe.
Cooler running temperatures:
Humidity in air condenses into water when the air is compressed. The local gas station's air storage tank accumulates the water. The water comes along with air when you add compressed air to your vehicle tire. When the tire temperature increases, the water turns into gaseous state. When this water expands the tire, pressure will increase. This leads to variation in temperature and the tire fails to function optimally. Whereas in case of nitrogen, there is no water in nitrogen and will not cause pressure fluctuation. According to a 2008 study by ExxonMobil, the change in the temperature when using nitrogen is negligible.
Underinflated tires will give lower gas mileage. For every one psi drop in pressure in four tires lowers gasoline mileage by 0.3 percent. The loss of pressure in nitrogen tires is slower than in air-inflated tires. This leads to a better mileage.
Tire pressure retention:
An inflated tire loses its pressure over time. The change in temperature will accelerate this process. For every ten-degree fall or rise of temperature, pressure of one psi is lost. Nitrogen has larger molecules than oxygen has and causes more stable pressure. The Consumer Reports conducted a yearlong study in 2006 to compare the air loss in tires filled with air and tires filled with nitrogen. In this study, nitrogen won the test with a significant margin.
Cost and convenience:
The cost of filling a tire with nitrogen is higher than in case of air. In case of air, it is free in many gas filling stations. Sometimes it costs less than a dollar. Nitrogen tires require nearly eighty-four dollars per tire per year as an additional expense when compared to air filled tires.
In addition, nitrogen filling stations are located at fewer places. For that purpose alone, you need to go there when the tire pressure is comes down.
There are, thus, fewer benefits with nitrogen when compared to air. In most cases, the benefits determine whether to use nitrogen for your vehicle tires. Make sure to compare before migrating to nitrogen tires.
Our-opinions-tips.com is a collective blog of four bloggers who share their opinions and tips with a common purpose to help their readers. This blog provides insightful opinions on a variety of categories including business, health, history, technology, and lifestyle.
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson