ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Comparing The Hyundai Elantra And Toyota Corolla
Total Articles: 4
If you are looking for a safe, affordable and reliable sedan, you are probably considering the Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla. While these are both excellent choices, there are key differences that will factor into your decision. Read on for a comparison of these two popular vehicles.
While both cars have a similar price point, the Elantra costs around $18,000 while the Corolla starts around $15,000 with options that can raise the price to as much as $22,000. Both cars are available in a manual and automatic transmission, and the Corolla is also available as a two-door coupe version. The Elantra is markedly more powerful, with a 172-horsepower engine compared to 132 horsepower in the Corolla. And while the Corolla will give you slightly higher miles per gallon, both vehicles are quite fuel efficient.
Safety in the two vehicles is also comparable, with both cars getting high marks from the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration in all categories. Notably, the Elantra is rated among the best cars for first time drivers. Technology specs are also similar, with both cars providing MP3 stereo support as well as an AM/FM radio and CD player.
The differences between the two models, however, are largely a matter of comfort. The Elantra is known for being quite roomy and having significant passenger, driver, and cargo space, while the Corolla has a much smaller trunk and seats that may prove uncomfortable for drivers who want a cushier ride.
Experts tend to agree that the Elantra is a better choice for most drivers. The car received a ranking of 7.9 from U.S. News and World Report, while the Corolla received a 7.0. The Elantra scored markedly higher in performance and interior, while the Corolla scored just slightly higher in reliability and safety. The magazine also ranked the Elantra on its lists of top affordable small cars and top affordable compact cars.
Reviewers, note that the automatic transmission in the Corolla is outdated, and that the base version has few attractive standard features. By contrast, the Elantra is notable for having a full-featured base version that is comparable to more expensive cars in the same class.
While both cars should be considered if your primary factors are affordability, safety, and reliability, the Hyundai Elantra is the better choice if you are also looking for a powerful car with a sleek look that's packed full of standard features.
Keyes Mission Hills Hyundai in Los Angeles is your full-service Hyundai dealership, providing new and preowned Hyundai cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. If you are searching for Hyundai dealers in Los Angeles using the keywords Hyundai dealers in Los Angeles or Los Angeles area Hyundai dealers, visit Mhhyundai.com today!
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai