ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Comparing The Hyundai Elantra And Toyota Corolla
Total Articles: 4
If you are looking for a safe, affordable and reliable sedan, you are probably considering the Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla. While these are both excellent choices, there are key differences that will factor into your decision. Read on for a comparison of these two popular vehicles.
While both cars have a similar price point, the Elantra costs around $18,000 while the Corolla starts around $15,000 with options that can raise the price to as much as $22,000. Both cars are available in a manual and automatic transmission, and the Corolla is also available as a two-door coupe version. The Elantra is markedly more powerful, with a 172-horsepower engine compared to 132 horsepower in the Corolla. And while the Corolla will give you slightly higher miles per gallon, both vehicles are quite fuel efficient.
Safety in the two vehicles is also comparable, with both cars getting high marks from the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration in all categories. Notably, the Elantra is rated among the best cars for first time drivers. Technology specs are also similar, with both cars providing MP3 stereo support as well as an AM/FM radio and CD player.
The differences between the two models, however, are largely a matter of comfort. The Elantra is known for being quite roomy and having significant passenger, driver, and cargo space, while the Corolla has a much smaller trunk and seats that may prove uncomfortable for drivers who want a cushier ride.
Experts tend to agree that the Elantra is a better choice for most drivers. The car received a ranking of 7.9 from U.S. News and World Report, while the Corolla received a 7.0. The Elantra scored markedly higher in performance and interior, while the Corolla scored just slightly higher in reliability and safety. The magazine also ranked the Elantra on its lists of top affordable small cars and top affordable compact cars.
Reviewers, note that the automatic transmission in the Corolla is outdated, and that the base version has few attractive standard features. By contrast, the Elantra is notable for having a full-featured base version that is comparable to more expensive cars in the same class.
While both cars should be considered if your primary factors are affordability, safety, and reliability, the Hyundai Elantra is the better choice if you are also looking for a powerful car with a sleek look that's packed full of standard features.
Keyes Mission Hills Hyundai in Los Angeles is your full-service Hyundai dealership, providing new and preowned Hyundai cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. If you are searching for Hyundai dealers in Los Angeles using the keywords Hyundai dealers in Los Angeles or Los Angeles area Hyundai dealers, visit Mhhyundai.com today!
Automobiles Articles1. Why Automobile Companies Should Tie-up With Drivekool For Rto Services
2. 2018 Best Dirt Bike For Kids Of Different Age Groups – Kids For King
Author: Kids For King
3. How To Get Your Car Ready For Summer
Author: vibhuti Chouhan
4. Rockman Moldex-carbon Composites Company In India
Author: Rockman Industries
5. How To Know Kinds Of Mechanical Repairs Done By Automobile Mechanics In Vista
Author: Andrew Raymond
6. Fleet Wraps The Best Way To Advertise Your Business
7. What Keeps Planes Up And Running
Author: Xtreme Aviation
8. Car Rental Seychelles Should Be Considered When You Are Looking Forward To Make Your Commuting Safe
Author: Jeffrey Pham
9. Your Purpose Of Usage Will Define Whether It Is Best To Choose The Cruiser Over The Touring Bike
Author: Levi Fysh
10. How To Check The First Auto Repair In Any Local Garage
Author: Mark Josesh
11. How To Know Hydraulic Hose System Design
Author: Ryan gary
12. Simulators In Mining Industry
Author: Eesha Zaveri
13. How To Manage A Down Payment For Your Next Car?
Author: Williams Orchard
14. Types Of Forklifts Their Use And Advantages
Author: Raunak Kadam
15. Why You Should Have A Portable Jump Starters For Cars – Reasons!
Author: Anthony Farinola