ALL >> Business >> View Article
Shot Blasting – Definitions, Techniques, Precautions And Uses
Total Articles: 14
Shot blasting is defined as the procedure employed in the removal of foreign materials from a given surface. Various devices like spinning paddle, air guns etc. are used in the process. Different materials like silica (sand), steel balls, water etc. are used in making the shot to get blasted on the surface. The intensity of the blast depends on the degree of the impurities residing on the surface. This procedure is basically applied by different industries in order to get rid of the rust prevailing on the metallic surface.
The basic uses of the shot blasting process are:
• Surface cleaning: To get rid of the foreign particles and rust that gets deposited on the surface with time.
• Coating: To deposit a lubricating material on the surface to prevent rust and other foreign particles.
• Soothing texture: This process is also applied in order to soothe the given surface of the material and providing a perfect finish.
• Decorations: Also done to deposit a suitable material for decorating a surface.
The various methods that are applied in shot blasting process are:
• Abrasive blasting: It includes the use of abrasive materials like sand and water ejected at very high pressure to the surface for polishing or cleaning the surface. It is also called as sand blasting because of the use of sand for the purpose. Baking soda can also be used in abrasive blasting. The equipments that are used in the process are high powered equipments and the size can vary from small house hold blasters to very large industrial blasters.
• Grit blasting: It is another form of abrasive blasting and is termed because of the use of gritty sand particles. The pressure of the air guns that is used in the process can be varied as per the strength of the surface.
Blast cleaning is yet another process that is used in removing paint and other oil particles from the surface. This process requires the use of abrasive cleaning equipments. It is used in the industrial sectors for the removal of grease and other lubricating oils that get deposited in the machineries. In order to clean the industrial equipments, a professional cleaning company should be hired which delivers the correct service as per the cleansing requirements. The removal of grease and other particles can never be done without the help of these equipments.
All the process that is employed like sand blasting, grit blasting, blast cleaning etc. requires a lot of preventive measures like:
• This process makes the use of materials that can cause different health ailments. The silica used in the process can cause breathing problems if exposed for a long duration. So covering your nose and eyes with mask should be done.
• The process should be followed in open air or in a room with sufficient ventilation.
• Tiny steel balls are also used in the process and are ejected with high pressure which can harm your exposed body parts.
So, it is better to take the help of a professional company before undertaking any of the process. You can find different cleaning companies that will provide you with the requisite service.
Brian Wilson explains the process of sand or shot blasting that is carried out to get rid of paint, rust or scale from a particular surface. For cost-effective blast cleaning of a variety of surfaces, he recommends the services of Steadblast.co.uk that serves all parts of the UK. Contact the company now!
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions