ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Info On Los Angeles Document Shredding: Shred Or Keep?
Total Articles: 71
In this era of fast, world-spanning Internet and privacy issues, nothing is more important than protection from identity thieves. Businesses and individuals alike scramble to find ways to safeguard their sensitive documents, and so go about looking for Los Angeles document shredding companies for those they can do without. To help you, here's a look at things that you should keep and things you should have sent to the shredding company:
What to Keep
First of all, you should know which documents need to be kept indefinitely– these are still gold mines in the eyes of identity thieves, though, so you should keep them as secure as possible. The birth and death certificates of the members of your family for instance, should always be kept, as well as your marriage license, house deeds, living wills, etc.
As much as possible, you should get rid of the receipts you’re given, be it from a restaurant you visited or from your ATM transaction. This can be especially troubling if you are paying with your credit card, as some of your information might appear on the receipt.
There are certain documents that you should keep for a set amount of time, and when the period expires, you should look into disposing of them as well. For example, your tax records should remain in your possession for at most seven years, just in case the IRS comes knocking on your doorstep for a review. Likewise, any pay stubs or bank statements should last about a year on hand.
This is something that many people fail to take into consideration– after all, you simply throw junk mail into the trash, right? This can actually be quite appealing to identity thieves, especially credit card offers from banks or mail simply addressed “to occupant”. Should someone obtain some of your personal information, it’s only a matter of filling out these forms.
Make sure that you choose reliable Los Angeles document shredding companies to help you get rid of these sensitive documents. For more information, read fraudpreventionunit.org/2010/01/21/document-shredding-what-should-you-shred-and-when-should-you-shred-it/.
Computers Articles1. Tough As Nails Awnings - Break Record Sales
Author: 1888 PressRelease
2. Reliable Services For Sony Ps Vita Screen Replacement In London
Author: Tony Blair
3. 3d Print Architecture Models Enhance Architectural Experience For Clients
4. Amazon Product Listing Secrets Unfolded
5. How To Upgrade Hotmail Account To New Outlook Account?
Author: Lucy Seal
6. The Wide Network Range Of Linksys Wifi Extenders
Author: pinkesh tomar
7. How Push Notifications Can Completely Revolutionize The Fitness Industry!
8. Outlook Vs. Gmail – In Depth Analysis & Comparison
9. Microsoft’s Outlook Beta-a Faster Version
10. Difference Between Hotmail, Outlook, Windows Live Mail.
11. Iphone Repair And Data Recovery
Author: khan mash
12. Centurylink Approved Modems Are Available In Reasonable Price Range!
Author: Aaron Kocherhans
13. Why Website Is Important For Each And Every Business?
Author: Golden Gate Technolabs
14. Microsoft Outlook Issues And Solutions
Author: Amaia Smith
15. How To Troubleshoot Brother Printer Error 4f And What Does It Mean?
Author: James Watson