ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tough Building Materials Are A Must For Any Long Island Contractor
Total Articles: 14
Long Island’s construction industry saw some improvement in 2013, with a 0.1 percent increase in construction expenditure throughout the country. In a way, this means that a reliable Long Island contractor can look forward to a better year this 2014, provided that he or has access to the toughest building materials on the market, namely:
Wood remains a popular building material precisely because it is lightweight, accessible, flexible, and reasonably durable. With the right maintenance, wood can fend off rot, moisture, and insects. Wood treatments and varnishes are almost mandatory so that wooden materials can last for more than 20 years.
Stone arguably offers the greatest variety as no two samples of the same type of stone are identical. Generally speaking, stone is very durable and resistant to the elements—the only concern being that stone is rather heavy and somewhat difficult to work with. For example, slate tiles used as roofing materials are guaranteed to last for at least 50 years, although they require special skills and equipment for installation and repair.
Concrete, which is a combination of sand, stone, water or cement, is a must-have for any reputable Long Island contractor who wishes to delve into commercial construction. While the material has been in use since ancient Roman times, it was only during the 1860s when the idea of reinforcing concrete with metal rods and rebar was envisioned. Today, reinforced concrete is offered in pre-cast or pre-stressed variants, which are both durable in their own ways.
These days, you’d be hard-pressed to find any structure that does not incorporate metal in some way or form. Specific variants like steel are prefabricated so that they’re easy to install and able to retain their load-bearing and moisture-resistant capabilities. Metal is also popular because it is a recyclable material, which means it can be quickly repurposed for other applications.
You can visit home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/construction/materials/5-long-lasting-building-materials.htm#page=3 and www.anthcfiles.info/longer-lasting-building-materials/ if you wish to learn more about long-lasting building materials.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent