ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tough Building Materials Are A Must For Any Long Island Contractor
Total Articles: 14
Long Island’s construction industry saw some improvement in 2013, with a 0.1 percent increase in construction expenditure throughout the country. In a way, this means that a reliable Long Island contractor can look forward to a better year this 2014, provided that he or has access to the toughest building materials on the market, namely:
Wood remains a popular building material precisely because it is lightweight, accessible, flexible, and reasonably durable. With the right maintenance, wood can fend off rot, moisture, and insects. Wood treatments and varnishes are almost mandatory so that wooden materials can last for more than 20 years.
Stone arguably offers the greatest variety as no two samples of the same type of stone are identical. Generally speaking, stone is very durable and resistant to the elements—the only concern being that stone is rather heavy and somewhat difficult to work with. For example, slate tiles used as roofing materials are guaranteed to last for at least 50 years, although they require special skills and equipment for installation and repair.
Concrete, which is a combination of sand, stone, water or cement, is a must-have for any reputable Long Island contractor who wishes to delve into commercial construction. While the material has been in use since ancient Roman times, it was only during the 1860s when the idea of reinforcing concrete with metal rods and rebar was envisioned. Today, reinforced concrete is offered in pre-cast or pre-stressed variants, which are both durable in their own ways.
These days, you’d be hard-pressed to find any structure that does not incorporate metal in some way or form. Specific variants like steel are prefabricated so that they’re easy to install and able to retain their load-bearing and moisture-resistant capabilities. Metal is also popular because it is a recyclable material, which means it can be quickly repurposed for other applications.
You can visit home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/construction/materials/5-long-lasting-building-materials.htm#page=3 and www.anthcfiles.info/longer-lasting-building-materials/ if you wish to learn more about long-lasting building materials.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining