ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tough Building Materials Are A Must For Any Long Island Contractor
Total Articles: 14
Long Island’s construction industry saw some improvement in 2013, with a 0.1 percent increase in construction expenditure throughout the country. In a way, this means that a reliable Long Island contractor can look forward to a better year this 2014, provided that he or has access to the toughest building materials on the market, namely:
Wood remains a popular building material precisely because it is lightweight, accessible, flexible, and reasonably durable. With the right maintenance, wood can fend off rot, moisture, and insects. Wood treatments and varnishes are almost mandatory so that wooden materials can last for more than 20 years.
Stone arguably offers the greatest variety as no two samples of the same type of stone are identical. Generally speaking, stone is very durable and resistant to the elements—the only concern being that stone is rather heavy and somewhat difficult to work with. For example, slate tiles used as roofing materials are guaranteed to last for at least 50 years, although they require special skills and equipment for installation and repair.
Concrete, which is a combination of sand, stone, water or cement, is a must-have for any reputable Long Island contractor who wishes to delve into commercial construction. While the material has been in use since ancient Roman times, it was only during the 1860s when the idea of reinforcing concrete with metal rods and rebar was envisioned. Today, reinforced concrete is offered in pre-cast or pre-stressed variants, which are both durable in their own ways.
These days, you’d be hard-pressed to find any structure that does not incorporate metal in some way or form. Specific variants like steel are prefabricated so that they’re easy to install and able to retain their load-bearing and moisture-resistant capabilities. Metal is also popular because it is a recyclable material, which means it can be quickly repurposed for other applications.
You can visit home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/construction/materials/5-long-lasting-building-materials.htm#page=3 and www.anthcfiles.info/longer-lasting-building-materials/ if you wish to learn more about long-lasting building materials.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions