ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Files To Send To A Reliable Los Angeles Document Shredding Service Provider
Total Articles: 71
Identity theft is an emerging crime in California. In 2012, as much as 1.6 million Californians had their identities stolen in some way or form. Surprisingly, most of these thefts weren’t due to hackers obtaining personal information over the Internet, as most cases of identity theft are depicted in movies and on TV.
The crime is rampant partly because many people simply throw away certain records, not knowing that identity thieves rummage through garbage bins in search of valuable documents. Companies that provide document shredding in Los Angeles and elsewhere across the state provide the most effective solution: destroy old documents once they have outlived their usefulness. Some documents deserve this treatment more than others, namely:
Old Financial Documents
Tax returns need only be kept up to seven years for the sake of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). In any case, the IRS only has three years to audit and six years to chase down unreported gross incomes from individuals. Old bank statements need only be kept for at least a year before they become obsolete; credit card statements, on the other hand, can be shredded as soon as payment has been confirmed.
These are a bit tricky because medical experts recommend keeping hospital records for five years at most after a sickness has abated. On the other hand, these records contain sensitive information such as contact numbers, addresses, and Social Security. Records that refer to prescription medicine should be kept indefinitely for future reference, especially when settling health insurance claims.
Expired IDs and Licenses
These are similar to medical records in terms of importance, although IDs and licenses are much safer to destroy once they’ve used up their purpose. People don’t need to worry if their IDs are too thick since reliable Los Angeles document shredding companies have special machines that are designed to tear apart even computer hard drives if needed.
For more information about prioritizing which documents to shred, visit personalorganizing.about.com/od/PaperManagement/a/What-To-Shred.htm. Meanwhile, visit: atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=13148#.UwV6ePnuIrU to learn more about the amount of time certain documents have until they’re considered obsolete.
Computers Articles1. Learn Sap Course In Online
Author: Mind Q Online
2. Norton Tech Support
Author: Norton Phone Number
3. Custom Web Solutions By Uship Clone Script 2017
Author: sawati rawat
4. The Hunting Apps For Android Make Life Interesting In The Wilderness
5. Instructions To Easy Way To Renew Your Own Mcafee Subscription Package
Author: Elina Jones
6. How To Fix The 1304 Error - Working Office Installation 1304 Error Fix
7. 8 Golden Success Secrets For Small Businesses
Author: Amenda Ray
8. Solutions To A Series Of Most Common Norton Installation Errors
Author: Andrew Clark
9. Microsoft Office Error - Fixing The Error Code 30102-11
10. Here’s How To Fix Email Issues In Iphone
Author: ADV Software
11. Learn Structured Query Language To Rule Database
Author: Mind Q Systems
12. One Can Not Overlook These Advantages Of Ipod Leanings
Author: One World Rental
13. How To Convert Dts To Ac3 For Watching Movie On Your Tv?
Author: Shirley Matthews
14. 1401/1402 Errors Fix When Installing Ms Office
15. How To Fix Computer Errors In Windows 7?
Author: Support for Windows Installation