ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Files To Send To A Reliable Los Angeles Document Shredding Service Provider
Total Articles: 71
Identity theft is an emerging crime in California. In 2012, as much as 1.6 million Californians had their identities stolen in some way or form. Surprisingly, most of these thefts weren’t due to hackers obtaining personal information over the Internet, as most cases of identity theft are depicted in movies and on TV.
The crime is rampant partly because many people simply throw away certain records, not knowing that identity thieves rummage through garbage bins in search of valuable documents. Companies that provide document shredding in Los Angeles and elsewhere across the state provide the most effective solution: destroy old documents once they have outlived their usefulness. Some documents deserve this treatment more than others, namely:
Old Financial Documents
Tax returns need only be kept up to seven years for the sake of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). In any case, the IRS only has three years to audit and six years to chase down unreported gross incomes from individuals. Old bank statements need only be kept for at least a year before they become obsolete; credit card statements, on the other hand, can be shredded as soon as payment has been confirmed.
These are a bit tricky because medical experts recommend keeping hospital records for five years at most after a sickness has abated. On the other hand, these records contain sensitive information such as contact numbers, addresses, and Social Security. Records that refer to prescription medicine should be kept indefinitely for future reference, especially when settling health insurance claims.
Expired IDs and Licenses
These are similar to medical records in terms of importance, although IDs and licenses are much safer to destroy once they’ve used up their purpose. People don’t need to worry if their IDs are too thick since reliable Los Angeles document shredding companies have special machines that are designed to tear apart even computer hard drives if needed.
For more information about prioritizing which documents to shred, visit personalorganizing.about.com/od/PaperManagement/a/What-To-Shred.htm. Meanwhile, visit: atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=13148#.UwV6ePnuIrU to learn more about the amount of time certain documents have until they’re considered obsolete.
Computers Articles1. How The Power Of Infogrpahics With Infographics Maker Offers The Best Exposure?
Author: Amit Sahoo
2. Android Apps Top 3 For Students And Teachers
Author: Sabrina Goodchap
3. A Thorough Survey Before Buying Computer And Accessories Online
Author: Tapu Goswami
4. 5 Remarkable Iphone Apps Redesigned For Android
Author: Tamela Goldfarb
5. Ebooks For Sale For Android Tablets
Author: Syreeta Mccune
6. Indicate Take Into Consideration If You Are Producing Company Apps
Author: Carol Millican
7. Email Archiving – Emerging Security Solution In Technology
Author: Mahesh Kulkarni
8. Just How To Update Android Tablet Computer From 1.6 To 2.1
Author: Belle Dougharty
9. Software Development Company In Ghaziabad
10. What Are The Advantages Of Procuring An Internet Marketing Company
Author: SP Design House
11. Website Designing Companies Can Help Your Small Business Procure Acknowledgment
Author: SP Web Solution
12. Yahoo Mail Not Working Getting Mobile Browser Issue
Author: mark belly
13. Ways To Update And Repair Ipad Apps
Author: Lakesha Van Otterloo
14. Android Tablet With Gps
Author: Ronnie Samuel
15. 5 Cool Ios Apps You May Like
Author: Nellie Landis