ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Files To Send To A Reliable Los Angeles Document Shredding Service Provider
Total Articles: 71
Identity theft is an emerging crime in California. In 2012, as much as 1.6 million Californians had their identities stolen in some way or form. Surprisingly, most of these thefts weren’t due to hackers obtaining personal information over the Internet, as most cases of identity theft are depicted in movies and on TV.
The crime is rampant partly because many people simply throw away certain records, not knowing that identity thieves rummage through garbage bins in search of valuable documents. Companies that provide document shredding in Los Angeles and elsewhere across the state provide the most effective solution: destroy old documents once they have outlived their usefulness. Some documents deserve this treatment more than others, namely:
Old Financial Documents
Tax returns need only be kept up to seven years for the sake of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). In any case, the IRS only has three years to audit and six years to chase down unreported gross incomes from individuals. Old bank statements need only be kept for at least a year before they become obsolete; credit card statements, on the other hand, can be shredded as soon as payment has been confirmed.
These are a bit tricky because medical experts recommend keeping hospital records for five years at most after a sickness has abated. On the other hand, these records contain sensitive information such as contact numbers, addresses, and Social Security. Records that refer to prescription medicine should be kept indefinitely for future reference, especially when settling health insurance claims.
Expired IDs and Licenses
These are similar to medical records in terms of importance, although IDs and licenses are much safer to destroy once they’ve used up their purpose. People don’t need to worry if their IDs are too thick since reliable Los Angeles document shredding companies have special machines that are designed to tear apart even computer hard drives if needed.
For more information about prioritizing which documents to shred, visit personalorganizing.about.com/od/PaperManagement/a/What-To-Shred.htm. Meanwhile, visit: atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=13148#.UwV6ePnuIrU to learn more about the amount of time certain documents have until they’re considered obsolete.
Computers Articles1. Innovative Approaches To Improve Your Iphone Screen Replacement
Author: Zane Shoebridge
2. The Most Usable And Advisable Courier Tracking Software Version 6.0
Author: sawati rawat
3. Locking Services Would Be Fruitful If You Forget To Lock The Doors Frequently
Author: Tyler Bond
4. Solutions Erp Based Software Can Offer
Author: Robert Miller
5. Get The Unlimited Benefits Of Our Church Giving Mobile Application
Author: Michael Brody
6. Cyber Security Measures Can Prove Beneficial For Your Business
Author: Megan Darcy
7. Matrimonial Script In Php - Bharat Matrimony Clone, Readymade Matrimonial Script
Author: riddhi patel
8. How To Recover Accidentally Deleted Data From The Computer In No Time?
Author: shashikant shukla
9. Sitecore Development In Uk – Cms, Software, Mobile Application, Seo
Author: Sher Singh
10. Laptop Repair Centre In Bristol With 12 Months Warranty
Author: Laptop Repairs
11. The Secret Behind Your Online Shopping Is Disclosed
Author: Saarah Williams
12. Avoid Spams With Recaptcha Module
Author: Saarah Williams
13. Iphone 8
Author: toy green
14. How The C_hanaimp_12 Exam Makes You A Better Professional
Author: Michael Jordan
15. 5 Aspects Of Performance Testing Services In E-commerce Industry.