ALL >> General >> View Article
Is Fiu In Seychelles Private ?
Total Articles: 271
Something is wrong in the tropical paradise of the Seychelles, business owners and their clients are struggling to understand how and why such as major business problem could have occurred. The introduction of the privately owned Financial Intelligence Unit was supposed to signal a change in the way customers were protected from unscrupulous business owners, more and more it is legitimate business owners who are now turning to the courts for help in their dealings with the FIU.
Placing a private company in charge of regulating business owners was always going to be a difficult situation, would a profit driven company like the FIU be fair and impartial in its dealings with business owners? Hiding the company behind the smokescreen of being a legitimate government agency only adds to the deep misgivings many business owners who have crossed paths with the agency have about its motivation. So concerned have some Seychelles business owners become about the role and tactics of the FIU that a court case has been brought in the US to determine the private company's legitimacy.
Understanding the problems surrounding the FIU is often difficult for most people outside the Seychelles, largely because the business practices of the group seem to smack of blackmail and extortion. In basic terms, the FIU investigates complaints made against a business by a customer or another business owner. Although this seems like a good idea, the FIU has taken things a step further by seizing of the assets of each company a complaint is made against. Without a serious investigation taking place the FIU then offers to free the assets for a charge of 50 percent of the assets owned by the business. If a company refuses to pay the charge their assets are frozen indefinitely, which hardly seems fair on the strength of a simple business complaint.
Dan Troy is an expert in offshore company formation and very interested in all legal aspects regarding the jurisdictions and the behavior of the local governing bodies.
General Articles1. Why Eye Creams Are Important
2. Preparing For Usa Basketball Tours Understanding The Organisations And Categories
Author: Brett Rainbow
3. Ipad Vs Smartphone Who Will Win The Experience Battle?
Author: Patrik Murphy
4. Avail The Service Of Radius Moving For Best Moving Experience
5. Hermal Mass Flow Meters - Finding A Value In Many Industries
6. A New Example For Cyber Threat Hunting
Author: Bradon Wilson
7. What To Do If Windows Is Unable To Run The Software Protection Service On A Local Computer.
Author: Bradon Wilson
8. The Hidden, Emotional Effects Of Acne
Author: Rahul Sharma
9. Importance Of Prescribed Supplements For Your Healthy Growth
10. How Can I Invest In Cryptocurrency ?
11. Pharmasynth Offers Best Pcd Pharma Franchisee Opportunities For Business Partners
12. Ich Liebe Die Tatsache, Dass Es Zwei Kleider In Einem Geben Kann
13. Celebrate Your Partner’s Birthday By Sending A Stunning Flower Box
Author: Carl Glendon
14. What Happens During A Recession?
15. Important Gold Trading Tips For Beginners