ALL >> General >> View Article
Is Fiu In Seychelles Private ?By Expert Author: Ariel Brady
Something is wrong in the tropical paradise of the Seychelles, business owners and their clients are struggling to understand how and why such as major business problem could have occurred. The introduction of the privately owned Financial Intelligence Unit was supposed to signal a change in the way customers were protected from unscrupulous business owners, more and more it is legitimate business owners who are now turning to the courts for help in their dealings with the FIU.
Placing a private company in charge of regulating business owners was always going to be a difficult situation, would a profit driven company like the FIU be fair and impartial in its dealings with business owners? Hiding the company behind the smokescreen of being a legitimate government agency only adds to the deep misgivings many business owners who have crossed paths with the agency have about its motivation. So concerned have some Seychelles business owners become about the role and tactics of the FIU that a court case has been brought in the US to determine the private company's legitimacy.
Understanding the problems surrounding the FIU is often difficult for most people outside the Seychelles, largely because the business practices of the group seem to smack of blackmail and extortion. In basic terms, the FIU investigates complaints made against a business by a customer or another business owner. Although this seems like a good idea, the FIU has taken things a step further by seizing of the assets of each company a complaint is made against. Without a serious investigation taking place the FIU then offers to free the assets for a charge of 50 percent of the assets owned by the business. If a company refuses to pay the charge their assets are frozen indefinitely, which hardly seems fair on the strength of a simple business complaint.
Dan Troy is an expert in offshore company formation and very interested in all legal aspects regarding the jurisdictions and the behavior of the local governing bodies.
General Articles1. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
2. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
3. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
4. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas
5. What's The Difference Between Water Purification And Water Filtration?
Author: Ring Hot Water
6. Enjoy Pattaya Golf Course On Thailand Golf Tour
Author: Hanah Chen
7. Seeking Online Success - Hire Social Media Advertising Agency
8. Why Are Water Jets So Important?
Author: Colin Sponias
9. Cheap T-shirt Printing As Per Your Desire
Author: parveen kumar
10. What Are The Benefits Of Different Types Of Fans?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
11. What You Don’t Know About Tiki Bars?
Author: Scott McCauley
12. Ethical Link Building Strategies Without The Seo Risks
Author: Swadesh Das
13. Advanced Travel Trends To Anticipate For In Year 2017
Author: Kundan Sharma
14. Visa For New Zealand
15. Get The Right Shape Of Your Need From The Cut And Sew Manufacturers
Author: parveen kumar