ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Europe River Cruising Tours
Total Articles: 185
River cruises offer a relaxing way to explore some of the most celebrated towns and cities of Europe, and unlike coastal or ocean cruises, voyages across European rivers seldom offer much sailing time. Shore excursions on European river cruises include sightseeing activities at all destinations, which range from small villages and towns like Breisach in Germany or Durnstein in Austria to world-famous big cities like Vienna.
The biggest challenge that travellers face while planning European cruise holiday is identifying the best itinerary as per their interests. Even luxury cruises won’t be able satiate the travellers, if they have chosen a wrong itinerary. But before we move ahead with discussing itineraries of river cruises in Europe, let’s check out a few things that will help in narrowing down your choice.
1. The River cruising season in Europe usually starts in April and ends in October. However, there are enthralling Christmas market cruises that take you to the legendary Christmas markets of Europe. Just like other cruising, river cruising should also be avoided during spring flooding as water level may rise too high making rivers swell and locks impassable.
2. Most luxury river cruises in Europe last for about a week. Customized cruise trips let the travellers stretch their itineraries or sail to only select destinations.
3. Europe cruise deals, be they of budget or luxury river cruises, include shore excursions in their fares. However, there are a few cruise lines that offer packages not covering the cost of shore excursions and offer tour options on demand for an extra fare.
4. Most European cruises start from famous cities and cruise lines offering all-inclusive package include port transfers from airport.
Major River Cruise Sailing Tours of Europe
Rhine, Moselle & Main Cruise Tours: Rhine cruising portrays European history and culture. Spectacular scenery, serene nature, fairy-tale style castles, historic citiesand UNESCO heritage sites on Rhine river cruises mesmerise the traveller. While the Moselle joins the Rhine from France and Luxembourg, the Main flows into the Rhine from Germany. A week-long sailing tour across Rhine starts from Basel, Switzerland and ends in Amsterdam, or vice-versa.
Danube Cruise Tours: Sailing across the second longest river of Europe,the Danube, gives an insight to the history and culture of Central and Eastern Europe. Rising from the Black Forest and flowing to its mouth on Black Sea, the Danube passes through nine countries, namely, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Serbia Slovakia and Ukraine. There are a number of Danube cruise itineraries to choose from. However, most of the weeklong Danube cruise itineraries are round trips starting from Passau and ending there. Tours to Vienna, Budapest and Linz are the gems of Danube cruise tours.
Rhone & Saone Cruise Tours: Rhone river cruises sailing through Provence and Burgandy offer exceptional wine tours. Itineraries also include visit to Tournon, famous for its chocolate and wine, Lyon famous for its Gothic and Rennaissance architecture and Vivers a small city with building dating back to Middle Ages.
Duoro River Cruise Tours: The best of Spanish and Portugal tours, Duoro river cruising trips are a visual delight. The scenic beauty and the twists and turns through vine-clad slopes are the real luxury of river cruises across Duoro.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson