ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Understanding The Technology Of 3d Scanning
Total Articles: 12
When you read about 3D scanning, it is generally in reference to laser scanning. This is a technique that is used to capture digital information about terrain and real world objects. The process of 3D scanning and related online printing service uses the process of a beam of laser light. This detects the surface of an object. It then measures the time taken for the laser light to be reflected or through triangulation to calculate the distance from the laser. It then generates points in 3D space. The points are then linked with the help of specially formulated software and a virtual model is created of the real world object. 3D scanning laser scanning is one of the many 3D canning methods available. This method does not impact or touch the object in any way. Thus, it is a great way to scan valuable or fragile objects or objects that are large and mounted. This applies to historical artifacts and different locations.
There are different mechanisms used to perform 3D scanning. There is an online printing service rendered with 3D scanning. There are small handheld objects that can perform such kind of scan. It could be a larger stationary unit as well, which can be mounted on a moving vehicle such as a plane. That is how laser shows are performed on air.
In 3D laser scanning, two primary methods are used. The first method is called triangulation. This involves the use of a laser that is mounted on a scanning device. There are one or more cameras that are placed in fixed positions here. The cameras detect the light of the laser at the time of scanning and can calculate the distance between the laser and the cameras. The triangle is then calculated and that determines the distance of the laser from the scanner. This in turn gives the location of the 3D point in the space virtually. The other method of 3D laser scanning involves sending out a beam of laser light on the object's surface. Here the time is considered by when the laser gets reflected back. The lesser the time taken, the closer is the point in space.
Such method makes use of high powered lasers and objects at considerable distance can be measured as well. Both these methods of scanning have different applications in the manufacturing industries. The objects that are developed are scanned with the help of 3D scanners to understand the production defects or other problems with them. The scanners are used in the entertainment industry as well. Physical models and human faces are digitized with accuracy. These are then manipulated through 3D animations. The Online printing service also makes use of 3D scanning technology. 3D scanning is used in understanding topographies, studying archaeological artifacts, historical preservation sites and so forth.
This article deals with 3D scanning and online printing service. To understand more about this technology, go here: http://www.3ddesignsplus.com
Computers Articles1. Why To Move It Consulting In Miami And Your Career Towards Tech
Author: ITSupport Managers
2. Activate Norton Antivirus |+1-855-550-9333
Author: alissa silver
3. Installation Or Upgrade Of New Operating Systems.| Dataalign
4. Avail Data Recovery Milwaukee Services To Restore Data From Failed Hard Drives
5. What’s The Difference Between Office 365 And Office 2016?
Author: Karim Salem
6. How To Protect Your Dell Computers From Viruses.
7. Find The Ultimate Laptop Screen Repair In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
8. Avail It Support Waukesha To Maintain Your Computer Systems In Best Condition
9. Online Use Of Practice Management Software For Physiotherapists In Australia
Author: Ben C
10. Dell Laptop Does Not Boot Or Hangs Periodically.| Call +1(888)784-9316
11. Business Process Automation As A Service For Organizations In Today’s World
12. 5 Reasons To Choose Universal Laser Service For Cutting, Engraving And Marking
Author: Rob Hibbs
13. Why Companies Are Using It Managed Services
14. How Cloud Security Be Contributed To The Safety Of Your Business
15. Healthcare It Solutions – Many Advantages