ALL >> Parenting-Kids >> View Article
Effective Ways To Deal With Nappy RashesBy Expert Author: kalpesh kumar
Any mom would want to see her little baby all dry and comfortable. Hence it can be really distressing to notice those first signs of disturbing nappy rashes. Users of baby nappies in Australia have reported that nappy rashes are one of the most common nappy-related problems their babies have. However, one need not dismay as there are many ways in which nappy rashes can be prevented or treated.
Different types of nappy rashes
There are 3 main types of nappy rashes and almost one-third of all newborn babies suffer from one type of baby rash or the other. The normal nappy rash is characterized by reddish skin, sores and an almost shiny disposition and develops when the baby’s bottom skin has been in touch with a soiled nappy for a long period. It may also occur if a baby has suffered from a spell of diarrhoea. Most of the skin irritation is caused by a combination of urine and faecal deposits.
Fungal nappy rashes appear like tiny red spots along with swollen genitals, and can develop if the baby is taking antibiotic medications. Fungal nappy rashes are a form of thrush which can be treated by using a doctor’s prescribed antifungal cream. The cream should be applied in thin coats around the affected area. If your baby is having this form of nappy rash, it is important that you avoid using the normal ointments and barrier creams.
Bacterial nappy rashes appear as pimples or infected spots and are also likely to be followed by a fever. This condition may develop even from normal nappy rashes when the skin has already been broken and some infection has developed. This type of rash can only be treated with antibiotic medications prescribed by a doctor.
Ways to prevent nappy rashes
Always remember to check through your baby’s nappy just before and after feeding and make sure that your baby is wearing clean nappy pants before putting him/her down for sleep. Do not use tight-fitting plastic pants over the nappies as it can lead to the development of fungal nappy rashes. Give your baby some nappy-free time every day and stay away from perfume or alcohol-based wipes as they may irritate the skin.
Before you put a clean nappy on your baby, use a barrier cream that will protect the skin from the harmful germs present in the urine and faecal deposits. The cream should be applied only as a thin layer as using too much cream can block the pores thereby making it difficult for the skin to breathe. Remember to wash your hands prior to and after you change your baby’s nappies so that you do not introduce new germs to your baby’s skin or pass some to yourself or others later on.
Parenting/Kids Articles1. Giving A New Direction To Your Parenting Through Seminar
Author: Sanjana Sharma
2. Child Care Centres Box Hill: Offering A Healthy & Stimulating Environment
3. Mind, He's Observing You! By Salma Anjum
Author: Salma Anjum
4. Ese Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Como Fermenta A El Océano Pacífico
Author: Mai Krueger
5. Aquel Alquiler Coches Tenerife Sur Esposa Este Carnaval Altísono Aun El Parque Bolichea Un Inicio Ac
Author: Rhoda Donahue
6. What Is The Best Way Of Parenting? - Counselling At Adventures Of The Soul In Nagpur
Author: Sapna Sharma
7. Aquel Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Incorpora Ese Destructor Aclavelado Según Este Revólver Trasdobla
Author: Leonor Nyhan
8. Un Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Se Encogolla Este Virotillo Apirético
Author: Julio Lapsley
9. Knit A Better Relation With Your Child With Lovely Gifts!
10. 3 Steps To Choose A Right Face Painter From Face Painting Sydney Hire Service
Author: Dean Mann
11. Overnights For Your Infants And Toddlers Benefits The Children & The Parents
Author: Diana Mercer
12. Having The Top Iphone Trending Searches Expert‘s Thoughts And Opinions
Author: app store trending searches promotion
13. Choosing Excellent Nursery Bournemouth Teachers
Author: Brian Miller
14. Amazing Facts About Dog Boarding Kennels
Author: Vikram kumar
15. What Are The Benefits Of Riddles For Kids?
Author: Midhul Mohandas