ALL >> General >> View Article
Easter Lilies From Lizzies Garden CenterBy Expert Author: Ariel Brady
Flowers have always been a part of our lives in sadness and happiness. There is nothing more cheerful than the colorful gift of Mother Nature in the form of flowers. Here at Lizzie’s Garden Center Naperville, IL we take special care to grow flowers that are famous as Landscaping Naperville IL will live up to your expectations for the holidays or festivals or whatever occasion it may be and Easter lilies are no exception to that. There are also various Perennials Naperville IL is famous for.
As you may know Easter lilies are trumpet shaped flowers that are white in color and large in size. They deliver a wonderful fragrance that compliments the celebration of Easter.
Growing Easter Lilies from Seedling Naperville, IL is known for:
After we at our Nursery Naperville, IL have the Easter lily bulbs, it is a very intense job to make them grow at the correct timing every year. As Easter depends upon the celestial bodies, each year it’s on a different date which is why there is a time margin which cannot be crossed. A lot of this depends upon what type of cooling the bulbs have been through; that is commercial case cooling or in house case cooling.
· In case of commercial case cooling the vernalized bulbs that we receive are very carefully potted and watered on their arrival. After this the process of forcing begins for seventeen weeks before the Easter. We take great care in making sure that these are not exposed to a temperature of about 70F before they are potted.
· In case of in-house cooling we receive complete control of vernalization and the maintenance process followed is the same.
Forcing Easter Lilies:
We have divided the process of forcing Easter lilies in to three phases which help us to get maximum foliage.
· Planting for shoot emergence: This is the period during which we cover the bulb in medium so that the most important factor that controls growth during this time is temperature. It is during this period of time that the bulb develops a root system as well and the shoot begins to grow. This process goes on for about two weeks during the first few weeks of January.
· Formation of flower bud and initiation: At this point of time the leaves begin to unfold and flower buds begin to appear on the terminal apex. We maintain the night temperature at 60F-63F. Almost microscopic initiation of flower formation takes place during this time.
· Initiation of flower bud to visible form: During this period, growth of half of the normal stem length occurs and leaves below the flower buds unfold. Flower buds grow about 0.5-1.0 inches in length.
· From visible bud to open flower: This is the time of fine tuning the growth. We shift the advanced plants into the cooler greenhouse and the slower ones to the warmer greenhouse. We put these beauties up for sale once they are white and puffy which is about one week before the arrival of Easter. The time period of the growth of fully grown flowers from visible bud takes about 35 days which completes our journey with Easter lilies.
If you want to grow these by yourself from Bulbs Naperville IL Lizzie’s Garden Center is the perfect place to be. If you are in the Western Suburbs be sure to stop in Lizzie's Garden Center and pick up a beautiful Easter Lilly plant to celebrate the season.
General Articles1. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
2. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
3. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
4. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas
5. What's The Difference Between Water Purification And Water Filtration?
Author: Ring Hot Water
6. Enjoy Pattaya Golf Course On Thailand Golf Tour
Author: Hanah Chen
7. Seeking Online Success - Hire Social Media Advertising Agency
8. Why Are Water Jets So Important?
Author: Colin Sponias
9. Cheap T-shirt Printing As Per Your Desire
Author: parveen kumar
10. What Are The Benefits Of Different Types Of Fans?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
11. What You Don’t Know About Tiki Bars?
Author: Scott McCauley
12. Ethical Link Building Strategies Without The Seo Risks
Author: Swadesh Das
13. Advanced Travel Trends To Anticipate For In Year 2017
Author: Kundan Sharma
14. Visa For New Zealand
15. Get The Right Shape Of Your Need From The Cut And Sew Manufacturers
Author: parveen kumar