ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Cisco 2960x, Best-selling Catalyst Ethernet Switch
Total Articles: 22
The Catalyst 2960 is the famous flagship switch which has drawn attention all over the world in the months. With Cisco 2960-s model has got the ability to do static routes which was a nicefeature. I used it in some deployments to do routing locally in 2960 and then add a default route towards WAN provider.That way I didn’t have to go through a slow CPE to route my local VLANs.
In order to meet the network users'requirements, Cisco introduced the next generation of its wildly successful Catalyst 2K switches with the new Catalyst 2960-X series.The new Catalyst 2960-X stackable Gigabit Ethernet switch builds on the foundation of the 3-year-old Catalyst 2960-S/SF. It is available in 24- or 48-port configurations, with 10G uplinks and a stacking capacity of 40G-80G.Uplinks are either 2x 10 Gbit SPF+ or 4x 1 Gbit SFP. The PoE models can support 370W or 740W of power.
Cisco has also improved the power consumption on the 2960-X series, claiming up to 80 percent power savings. Part of that savings comes from a new hibernation mode that can be set to conserve energy. The switch also supports Cisco's EnergyWise technology, which can be used to control energy usage on connected devices.
What's the difference between Cisco 2960X and 2960S ? Here are some notable differences between 2960-X and -XR compared to 2960-S.
Dual core CPU @ 600 MHz. 2960-S has single core
2960-XR has support for dual power supplies
256 MB of flash for -XR, 128 MB for -X. The S model has 64 MB
512 MB of DRAM compared to 256 for 2960-S
1k active VLANs compared to 255 for 2960-S
48 Etherchannel groups for -XR, 24 for -X and 6 for -S
4 MB of egress buffers instead of 2 MB
4 SPAN sessions instead of 2
32k MACs for -XR, 16k for -X and 8k for -S
24k unicast routes for -XR, 16 static routes for -X and -S
The newer models also support Netflow lite, hibernation mode and EEE.
2960-X Lan Lite has 100 Gbps of switching bandwidth and 64 active VLANS. 2960-X Lan Base has 216 Gbps of switching bandwidth and 1023 active VLANs. The same holds true for 2960-XR with IP Lite feature set. The 2960-S had a maximum of 255 VLANs and 176 Gbps switching bandwidth. Depending on model the 2960-X tops out at 130.9 Mpps compared to 101.2 for 2960-S.
Note: the switches also have added support for IPv6.
Now,if you interest in Cisco 2960X series switches and don't know how to buy it with reliable quality and competitive Cisco price,don't know,Router-Switch is such an best website which is the World's Leading Cisco Supplier.In order to help users to solve their networking problem with less money.They released offer huge disscount for C2960X series switches.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Join Broadnet’s Bulk Sms Reseller Program And Reap The Cost-effective Benefits
Author: Mr. Rabih Farah
2. Go Cashless In India With 4 Cashless Payment Alternatives
3. Issues And Solutions For Sony Playstation 4 Repair
Author: Angel Smith
4. What A Right Electrician Wollongong Provides For Industrial Use
Author: Fellacity Trunck
5. Iphone Repair Johnstone
6. Lead Yourself To It Opportunities With Sql Server And Mcse Training
7. No Matter Which Playstation Hardware You Own – Horizon Is A Stunning Technical Masterpiece
8. Lg Computer Repair London - How To Choose The Right Repair Service
9. Leds Are A Better Option For Traffic Illumination
10. Led Stadium Displays Are Vital Be It A Football Match Or Live Concert
11. Features And Advantages Of Transparent Led Display
12. All Types Motorola Repair Service - Motorolarepairing.uk
13. Indoor Led Display And Outdoor Led Display – Know The Differences?
14. Phone Repair Shop Preston - Motorola
15. Few Tips To Fix Issues With Your Iphone 6s?
Author: Angel Smith