ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Ancient Secrets Of Tarragona
Total Articles: 33
If during your holidays you search something more than only beach and party, you should choose Tarragona as your next destination. You won't regret!
The city is situated in the province of Catalonia, close to Barcelona, the biggest city of this zone. Of course, like every city in the Iberian Peninsula, Tarragona has a wide range of touristic offer. There are lots of places where you can try typical Mediterranean food and learn more about the Spanish culture. But if it´s about the quantity of monuments, in this city there are the most places where you can discover the history and tradition of the country. With villas in Costa Doradayou will spend great time relishing the Spanish heritage.
Without any doubts, the ancient part of the city is more beautiful and we recommend it to you, especially if you love the history and want to discover new exceptional places. First of all, you ought to visit the Ancient Remains of Tarranco. In 2000 it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO because of the exceptional importance in the Roman development of urban design. Besides, it provides an eloquent testimony in the history of the Mediterranean lands in the ancient times. Search apartments in costa dorada and be first!
Then you can visit the Cathedral of Tarragona. Its building started in 1184 on the remains of the earlier Christian church and Arab mosque. Without any doubts, this is a fine example of the transition between Romanesque and Gothic style. In Tarragona there is also the Castle of Tamarit of the Roman style. It is situated on the sea bank and is surrounded by the Medieval city centre of Tamarit. The castle´s construction comes from the 9th century and belonged to the countship of Barcelona.
In Tarragona there is also a modern district. You will find there for example the Rovira i Virgili University or a large port which is the most important one in this zone. Besides, in its surroundings there are plenty of buildings used in the chemical industry.
Visiting monuments doesn't need to be boring. In Tarragona you can try other ways of discovering the city. Maybe would you like to enjoy a bike tour? It is an ideal combination of sport and culture. This is a great option that let you explore the city, enjoy the views of the Mediterranean balcony and ride through the squares and streets of the Old Town.
In Tarragona there are lots of monuments you shouldn't miss. For sure you won't be disappointed and would like to come back soon. As a curiosity, the city was a candidate to be the Spanish representative as the European Capital of Culture in 2016. Discover why!
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure