ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Safety Tips For Child Car Seat
Total Articles: 312
Parents tend to not only make their kids safe when travelling in a car but, also attempts in abiding the law however, they still face difficulties in figuring out the best way of protecting their kids. A fact is that three out of four children are not secured properly or restrained at all in car safety seats.
Many times, parents are confused in getting the safety seat installed correctly however; they are unaware of the fact that every car safety seat cannot be adjusted in every vehicle. In addition to this, whether the car is equipped with Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system and if it is how to use it. Following mentioned are tips for keeping your child safe which have been started with general recommendations.
A website developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) claims that the following four points are considered to be basic and important in making your child seated safely in the car.
Selection of the seat: Select the car seat which is in compliance with the age as well as the size of your baby. Moreover, it should fit in the vehicle and remember to use it every time you travel with the kid in your car.
Getting it installed properly: Avoid doing guesswork. In order to get the car seat installed correctly, refer to the instructions provided by the manufacturer in the manual guide. Furthermore, also read the guide of your vehicle on hoe to install the seat by making use of the LATCH system or the seat belt. Also look for the weight and height limits of the car seat so as to make sure that the kid is within safety limits.
Use a car seat which is longer: The longer is the car seat, the safer is your baby in the car. However, check whether your baby fits in the seat along with the weight and height requirements of the manufacturer for the seat.
In addition to this, safety experts also recommend parents to keep their children on the back seat at least till the age of 12.
Guidelines for age
Following mentioned are guidelines for proper car seat on the basis of age.
From birth to 12 months: Kids aging one or below should travel in rear-facing car seats. 3-in-1 and convertible seats have a higher weight and height limit which means that the kid can be kept rear-facing for a longer time. These seats have harness and in case of a crash, it moves with the kid thereby reducing stress to the areas of spinal cord and fragile neck.
1-3 years: Using the rear-facing car for a long period is the best option. In case the child has outgrown the seat, switch to forward-facing seats which have a tether and a harness which restricts the forward movement of the child in case of a crash.
4-7 years: Until the child outgrows the height and weight limits of the manufacturer, they should be adjusted in forward-facing seats. When outgrown, switch to the car booster seat and position it on the back seat of the car. These seats position the seat belt so that it fits properly on the stronger body parts of the child.
8-12 years: Use the booster seat until they no longer fit in it. Proper fitting of the seat belt means it snug well between thighs and not on the stomach. Moreover, the shoulder belt should snug across the chest and shoulder and not on the face or neck.
Article Credit : http://www.thecarconnection.com/tips-article/1087291_7-child-car-seat-safety-tips
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe