ALL >> Health >> View Article
Lyrica Is Indicated To Treat Partial Onset Seizures - Pillsformedicine
Total Articles: 28
Pragabaline is used to treat pain caused by nerve damage due to diabetes or to shingles (herpes zoster) infection. It may also be used to treat nerve pain caused by spinal cord injury. This medication is also used to treat pain in people with fibromyalgia. Lyrica is also used to control epilepsy. Epilepsy is a condition where you have repeated seizures (fits). There are many different types of seizures, ranging from mild to severe.
How to use?
Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually 2 to 3 times a day with or without food. Dosage is based on your medical condition, kidney function, and response to treatment.
If you are using the liquid form of this medication, carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose.
LYRICA (pregabalin) capsules are indicated for the management of :
Neuropathic pain associated with Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy (DPN)
Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN)
Neuropathic pain associated with Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
It is also indicated as adjunctive therapy for adult patients with Partial Onset Seizures.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: heart problems (such as heart failure), kidney disease, history of an allergic reaction which included itching/swelling of the face/lips/tongue/throat (angioedema).
This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy or cause blurred vision. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Avoid alcoholic beverages
Side effects :
General side effects associated with Lyrica :
Some of the most common side effects of this medicine are dizziness, blurry vision, weight gain, sleepiness, trouble concentrating, swelling of your hands and feet, dry mouth, and feeling "high." If you have diabetes, tell your doctor about any skin sores.
It helps most people with neuropathic pain or epilepsy, but it may have unwanted side effects in a few people. All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes they are serious, most of the time they are not. You may need medical attention if you get some of the side effects.
Keep your capsules in the pack until it is time to take them. If you take the capsules out of the pack they may not keep well. Keep your capsules in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C.
Hi Friends, this is Anna Austen form Australia. I am completed P. HD in phamacy. Now i am working in pillsformedicine.com. I have lot of experience in medicines field. I also write blog on human health related product. Like Lyrica cost online in Australia, Allegra, Fexofenadine online in Australia, Protonix, etc.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important