ALL >> Business >> View Article
Important Faqs On Manholes From A Reputable Manhole Cover Manufacturer In Kolkata
Total Articles: 9
Manholes are essential parts of civil drainage pipes. Most of the streets around us have manholes over them. If you have seen them carefully before, you must have observed that the manhole covers are basically made of cast iron. Choosing this metal for making manhole covers is relevant, as cast iron is strong and durable. It can take the load of heavy traffic for long years. At the same time, cast iron does not easily get rust like other untreated iron products. However, for many people, manholes and manhole covers are simple structures. If you belong to that group, you would be amazed to know that a huge engineering concept is integrated in this simple cast iron structure.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers on the manholes and manhole covers that would help you knowing more about the same.
Why are most of the manholes made of cast iron? Is ductile iron manhole cover better than cast iron cover?
Most of the manholes are made of cast iron traditionally. For an easy and smooth maintenance of the pipe work, manhole covers are needed to be opened as and when required. Thus, it offers adequate safety to the workers when they carry out the lifting up process. On the other hand, it is safe for the normal pedestrians too, as the metal is much heavier. However, engineers prefer using ductile iron to cast iron, because of its manifold utilities. Primarily, ductile iron is far lighter when compared to cast iron. It does not stuck or jams like cast iron occasionally. On the other hand, in spite of its low self-weight, ductile iron is able to tolerate heavy load. Additionally, ductile iron is less fragile compared to cast iron, which tends to rupture due to rust over time. Finally, cost of ductile iron is less compared to cast iron. That is why ductile iron is preferred nowadays for manufacturing manhole covers.
Why do manholes explode sometimes?
Manhole explosion is not a regular occurrence, but it happens at times beyond control. Moreover, when it happens it takes away many lives. Pedestrians on roads and workers inside the manhole can be seriously injured or died due to poisonous gas. Generally, manhole covers have provisions with which they can release energy from inside. Manhole explosions normally occur due to combustion and ignition of flammable gas. This gas can generate due to leakage of any nearby gas line. Sometimes, over production of methane gas can be a reason of manhole explosion too. On the other hand, it can happen due to degradation of cable insulation too.
How to choose a manhole manufacturer?
Manhole explosion can be avoided by implementing advanced manhole designs. Nowadays, unharmed designs are available for building new manhole lines. One should always try to find out a reliable manhole cover manufacturer in Kolkata so as to avoid any possible accident or danger. Cast iron manhole covers too work great if they are good in quality. To ensure this, one has to look for a dependable cast iron manhole cover exporter in Kolkata.
About Author: Arun Mitra is an expert consultant provides help to the industries to get most beneficial Manhole Cover from the top Manhole Cover Manufacturer in Kolkata. He has huge information in this regards. Consult with him instantly when you require professionals help in this regards.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions