ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Metro Rail Links Iskcon Bangalore Temple
Total Articles: 3
Finally the wait is over. The Metro rail link between Mantri Square, Malleshwaram and Peenya Industrial Area will be commissioned on March 1, 2014. The project faced inordinate delays due to various reasons. This is a boon to devotees who want to visit the ISKCON Sri Radha Krishna temple on West of Chord Road, Rajajinagar as there is a Metro station very close to the temple – Mahalakshmi Station. It is less than a five minute walk to the temple from here.
Some of the areas covered by the 10 km Metro stretch are Mantri Mall, Malleshwaram, Srirampuram, Rajajinagar, Mahalakshmi Layout entrance, Yeshwantpur, Gorguntepalya, Peenya, etc. People from these areas can avoid the frequent traffic jams / parking problems in visiting the temple by using the Metro service.
The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation (BMRCL) will officially launch the services from Sampige Road to Peenya Industrial Area on February 28, at all 10 stations on this stretch. This stretch of Namma Metro covers 10 stations starting from:
1. Peenya Industry Station (SRS Bus Stop)
2. Peenya Station (CMTI Bus Stop)
3. Yeshwantpur Industry Station (Gorguntepalya Bus Stop)
4. Yeshwantpur Station (Govardhan Theatre Bus Stop)
5. Sandal Soap Factory Station (Opp Metro Cash N Carry)
6. Mahalakshmi Station ( ISKCON Sri Radha Krishna Temple )
7. Rajajinagar Station (Near Bhima Jewellers, West of Chord Road)
8. Kuvempu Road Station (Near Navarang theatre)
9. Srirampura Station (Devaiah Park Bus Stop)
10. Mantri Square, Sampige Road Station (Behind Mantri Mall)
BMRCL MD Kharola said that all the stations were ready for use on the 10-km stretch from Sampige to Peenya Industrial Area. However, initially three-coach trains with carrying capacity of 975 passengers will start the service with a frequency of every 10 minutes. This frequency will be enhanced depending on the number of travellers.
The entire stretch that usually takes 45 minutes to cover by road will be covered in eighteen minutes with Metro, with half a minute halt on each station. Commissioner of Rail Safety (CRS) has permitted a speed of 80 km / hour on this stretch. As many as twelve trains are ready with safety clearance.
Talking about the fare Mr Kharola said that for a ten km stretch, Metro will cost Rs. 23. Smart card holders will enjoy a 17% discount for the same distance. The minimum fare would be Rs. 10.
BMRCL is in talks with BMTC for a feeder service. At the same time, a dedicated service will be available between Sampige Road Station and Majestic from the first day of commercial run.
To beat the primary concern of passenger safety, over fifty surveillance cameras are installed at every station. Apart from this, passenger lifts and escalators are built on the entire line.
BMRCL has purchased a Road-Cum-Rail vehicle which will be stationed at Peenya depot. This vehicle is used in case of any accidents like derailment of train and other emergencies.
Sampige to Srirampura Rs. 10, Sampige to Kuvempu Road Rs. 13, Sampige to Rajajinagar Rs.14,Sampige to Mahalakshmi Rs.16, Sampige to Sandal Soap Factory Rs.17, Sampige to Yeshwanthpur Rs.19,Sampige to Yeshwanthpur industry Rs.21, Sampige to Peenya Rs.23 and Sampige to Peenya industryRs.23.
This author of the article belongs to ISKCON Bangalore Religious Temple. ISKCON Bangalore is a charitable society with the objective of propagating Krishna Consciousness all over the world, as explained by Srila Prabhupada, whose teachings are based on Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam. The society was registered in the year 1978 under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960. Donations are accepted in order to uphold this mission of Srila Prabhupada.
Travel Articles1. Thrilling And Satisfying Wedding Road Trip Charter Bus Service Through Austin
2. Glamorize Transport For Wedding Guests With Dulles Airport Car Service
Author: Dulles Limo Service
3. Visit Bangpra International Golf Club Course Under Asian Golf Trips
Author: David Patrick
4. Best Family Cottages In Ooty
5. Achieve Wedding Transportation In Dc Impressively
Author: Saied Luliah
6. A Complete Guide To Bed And Breakfasts In Seldovia
7. Protect Your Wedding Day By Booking Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Guide To Sardar Garh Heritage Hotel
Author: Sardargarh Heritage Hotel
9. Malta Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: svs visa services
10. The Mysterious Cambodia
Author: The mysterious Cambodia
11. Low-key, Romantic Wedding Plans With Cheap Car Service In Houston
Author: Cheap Car Service Houston
12. Make The Most Of Your Trip By Exploring Resorts Near Gurgaon For Weekends.
Author: Aravali Resorts
13. Weddings Require Suitable And Appropriate Limo Service In Dc
Author: Dc Limousine Service
14. Safaris In Tanzania
Author: Joseph Reeves
15. Arrange Easy Wedding Plans With A Competent San Diego Car Service
Author: San Diego Car Service