ALL >> Health >> View Article
Mifepristone Is Also Known As Ru 486 Used To Terminate Early Part Of A Pregnancy.
Total Articles: 28
Mifeprex tablets each contain 200 mg of mifepristone, a synthetic steroid with antiprogestational effects.
Mifepristone (also known as RU 486) is used to cause an abortion during the early part of a pregnancy. It is used up to week 7 of pregnancy (up to 49 days after the first day of your last menstrual period). This drug blocks a natural substance (progesterone) that is needed for your pregnancy to continue. It is usually used together with another medicine called misoprostol.
This medicine must not be used if you have a rare abnormal pregnancy that is outside the womb (ectopic pregnancy). It will not cause an abortion in this case. It may cause an ectopic pregnancy to rupture, resulting in very serious bleeding.
Mechanism of action:
Mifepristone competitively inhibits the actions of progesterone at progesterone-receptor sites, resulting in termination of pregnancy. The combination of mifepristone and misoprostol causes expulsion of the products of conception through decidua necrosis, myometrial contractions, and cervical softening.
• In most cases, no surgery!! You can do this at home with someone you know to take care of you.
• The chance of uterine damage (perforation) is zero when this method is successful.
The infection rate with medical abortion is lower than with surgical abortion. It may seem more natural, like a miscarriage.
• No shots, anesthesia, instruments, or vacuum aspirator machine, unless it fails.
• The pregnancy can be ended earlier than with Surgical Abortion.
• Being at home instead of a clinic may seem more comforting and private.
• Any support person can be there during the abortion process.
You should not use this method if:
• You know you are allergic to either of the drugs used-mifepristone and misoprostol.
• You have a bleeding abnormality or take anticoagulation drugs like heparin or Coumadin.
• You have an IUD in place.
• You have chronic adrenal failure.
• You use steroid medications, including daily use of steroid-containing asthma inhalers.
• You have an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. Mifeprex will not end a pregnancy outside the uterus.
Bleeding and spotting is expected for an average of 9 to 16 days and may last for up to 30 days after taking mifepristone. Bleeding may be similar to, or greater than, a normal heavy period. You may pass blood clots and tissue that come from the uterus. In about 1 out of 100 women, bleeding can be so heavy that it requires a surgical procedure (curettage) to stop it. Talk with your provider about what to do if you need emergency care to stop heavy and possibly dangerous bleeding. Contact your healthcare provider right away if you bleed enough to soak through two thick full-size sanitary pads per hour for two consecutive hours or if you are concerned about heavy bleeding.
Other less serious side effects may include:
• diarrhea, nausea, vomiting;
• headache or dizziness;
• back pain; or
Packaging and storage:
Store at 25 °C (77 °F), in a tight container. Protect from light.
Hi everyone, this is Jack Alexander from USA. I am completed P.HD in pharmacy. I do lots of work in pharmacy but now I am working in pillssupplier.com. I also write blog on all health related product like Kamagra, PrestiQ, paxil, calcium, zyven etc. For more please visit : http://pillssupplier.com/
Health Articles1. Set Up Your Romantic Mood With Essential Oil
2. Important Tips For Buying Essential Oils
3. Mistakes That You Should Avoid When Buying Essential Oil
4. Important Things To Remember When Planning To Buy Essential Oil
5. Where To Purchase A Good Quality Essential Oil?
6. Do You Know How To Use Essential Oil?
7. Buy Essential Oil For Weight Loss
8. Buy Quality Essential Oils For Your Soul, Body And Emotions
9. Where To Purchase Best Essential Oil
10. Essential Oil – A Best Natural Skincare
11. Fragrant Healing For Emotional Well Being
12. Learn The Secrets About Essential Oils
13. Fragrance Based Treatment Tips For Beginners
14. Manual For Evaluating The Aroma Of An Essential Oil
15. Step By Step Instructions To Perform A Skin Patch Test With Essential Oils