ALL >> Education >> View Article
Keeping Up Through Cpd
Total Articles: 75
Continuing Professional Development or CPD may be considered as a process of learning skills and information related to a specific field of study outside the structure of a formal university education. This process refers to the acquisition of knowledge and proficiencies after a person graduates from college or university and has already become a professional in a chosen field of study. Undergoing the process of CPD allows for the ongoing increase in a professional’s competence of his field while allowing to have work experience and to earn an income.
CPD is essentially a process of development. The Oxford dictionary defines the word “develop” as to grow or cause to grow and become more mature, advanced, or elaborate. Its use in the term “CPD” signifies that this process allows for the growth of a person’s knowledge and competencies beyond that of the basics taught and learned in a university education.
The practice of dentistry is not above the benefits of CPD. This is because the field of dentistry is not made of stagnant data or facts. It constantly changes along with the evolvement of research and information in other fields. An example of such change is the study and conclusion that materials like titanium may be safely imbedded in human bone. This led to exploring its benefits and application for the dental profession and so evolved the use of dental titanium implants to replace missing or extracted teeth. However, even today, the practice of placing dental implants is still warrant for more research because of many variables that may affect the treatment. This only shows that the practice of dentistry is not stagnant but is open to change and development.
Dental CPD is a venue by which dental professionals stay sharp in their practice despite the constant possibility of changing views and conclusions drawn from scientific studies. It benefits to maintain a dental professional’s capability for providing services or treatments that are updated and of good quality. It allows dental professionals to constantly be at par with and knowledgeable of the current prevailing scientific findings, research and developments, and widely accepted beliefs regarding their practice. Yet, through the process of Dental CPD, there is also the possibility for dental professionals to re-learn or refresh the basic knowledge or facts of the profession, which is desirable for sustaining the foundations of their field of study.
In every field of study, there is a noticeable trend in information growth. This is because the vastness of information moves people to think and ask questions, which leads to scientific research and study. Development is therefore inevitable in all fields, including the practice of dentistry. A dental professional may be able to keep up with these developments through dental CPD, a process that allows professionals to be involved with current trends, information, methods and beliefs. This essentially provides the dental professional a means to advance or to grow together with the constantly evolving field of dentistry.
Karen McDonagh is a proud contributing author and write articles on several subjects including Online Dental Education. For more information please click and see Virtual CPD for Dentists .
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away