ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Getting To Know The Lombok Island
Total Articles: 13
If you want to know about Lombok island, it is located in West Nusa Tenggara province. This is located in Indonesia. It is part of the chain of Lesser Sunda Islands. The Lombok Strait separates it from Bali in the west. The Alas Strait also lies in between as well as Sumbawa which is to the east of the island. The region is circular in shape and there is a tail which is the Sekotong Peninsula. Mataram is known to be the largest city on the island and the provincial capital of the region. It is known to be similar in population density and size as Bali. There are smaller islands in the locality called Gili. The island has over three million Indonesians residing here.
Lombok island is known to house many a Lombok hotel. The island is divided into four regencies. There is one city here. The history of Lombok island is interesting. It is known that the Sasak chiefs in Lombok had allied with the Dutch. They resisted the Balinese occupation in alliance with the Dutch. The relation between Bali and Lombok has always been a tumultuous one. The relations between the Sasak and the Balinese population in western Lombok are known to be harmonious. Here intermarriages are common as well. In the east of the island relations are less cordial. Here the Balinese maintained control from forts and garrisons.
If you look at the Lombok Strait it lies at the immediate west of the island. This marks the passage or the division between the fauna found in the Indomalayan zone and the fauna found in the ecozone of Australasia. This biogeographical division is known as the Wallace Line. Alfred Russel Wallace was the first person to discover the division between these two regions and the boundary that exists between these two biomes. The topography of the place is based around the strato volcano Mount Rinjani. This is known to be the second highest volcano in Indonesia. This rises to a height of 3726 meters. The ash rises to two kilometers in the atmosphere when the volcano erupts as it was last reported in May 2010. The volcano has a crater lake called Segara Anak which means child of the sea.
There are many a Lombok hotel to be found in several locations on Lombok island. The highlands of Lombok island are clad with forests and undeveloped mostly. The lowlands are cultivated with rice, coffee, soybeans, cotton, cinnamon, cloves, corn, coconut, vanilla and bananas being some of the many crops grown in these fertile soils. If you wish to enjoy the natural surroundings here, especially the pristine beaches, you could make a booking at a Lombok hotel here. You will find several choices and convenient options to book such a hotel online.
This article talks about Lombok island and why one can choose a Lombak hotel to vacation there. For more information click here: www.hotelombak.com
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson